some (noobish) q's

moiselvus

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
some (noobish) q's

hi, i'm going to make a poison necro, and thus I need some answers :p
1) Does lower resist affect poison resist?
2) if i want to use bone prison with 20 points, should i go 1 pt in prison, rest in synergy, and let +skills do the rest, or should i put all in prison?
3) can a act 1 rogue merc shoot through the bone prison?
4)will poison nova go trough the prison?
thanks in advance,
~moiselvus

DaemonAkuma

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Does lower resist affect poison resist? - Yes, since poison resist is (as its name implies) a resist, lower resist will do just as its name implies and lower that resist. Make sure you check the immunity breakpoints to ensure you have adequate LR to break any possible immunities, however, or you may find yourself in fights lasting a little longer than ancicipated.

2) if i want to use bone prison with 20 points, should i go 1 pt in prison, rest in synergy, and let +skills do the rest, or should i put all in prison?- Your choice. More than 1 pt imo is overkill unlessyou're a bonemancer (then it is, of course, acceptable). I'd say use 1 pt into bone wall and prison if you really want to, and then decide later when you're at ahigher level if you want to spend the rest of your skill points there. Personally, I'd opt to get a gumby and (maybe, althoug I've never/will never make a poisonmancer) use the extra 40pts into skellies and skel mastery for a "wall" that can fight back and kill things. I guess you could even use mages instead to take advantage of the using lower resist...although that sounds pretty crappy to me.

3) can a act 1 rogue merc shoot through the bone prison? - Not unless you have some kind of penetrating weapon (and it will still damage your prison; again this is solved with skellies/gumby).

4)will poison nova go trough the prison? - Yes

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
I dont think the rogue can harm a prison......at least.. not in this patch. You rogue should be able to fire through the bone prison without a problem.

I would skip bone prison with only 1 point, and 1 point into synergy to get it.
Skeles and revives will be better shields than bone wall/prison ever could. A skill setup would look like this.

20 Poison Dagger
20 Poison Explosion
20 Poison Nova
2 Prequisites
1 Bone Prison
2 Prequisites
7 Curses up to lower resist skippin AI curses on right
1 Clay Golem
1 Golem Mastery
2 Iron and Blood Golem
1 Mage
1 Revive
20 Skeleton Mastery
1 Summon Resist
Rest of points into raise skeleton

With a decent amount of +skills, you will be able to get skeles that will act as meat shields and have very strong revives, with you doing most of the damage in poison. You might even consider using sparky as your main golem to keep the pressure of you and your minions with his holy fire.

If you really felt like it, you could sacrifice some poison damage for stronger skeles and go with a very viable hybrid.

Bogie,

moiselvus

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I probably wasn't really clear, as I'm still figuring things out, but I was thinking of a darkmancer ( poison+dim vision) and the prison for bosses, as they can 't be DV'd. Or a poisonmancer using trang's and lower resist ( trangs gives some fire spells for immunes). I think i'm going for a combo of those... a Darkmancer using trangs....
~moiselvus