Some NooB Questions

MariahCareyLover

Diabloii.Net Member
Some NooB Questions

Hi,

I was making a BS/Venom assa, but I had a few questions...
Does Venom stack??Otherwise isn't the dmg really low?

I was also looking at blade sentinel... Does this thing do dmg more than once when it travels aside my enemy?? And the blade shield also gets envenomed right?

There used to be a BS/Venom build in the sticky but that's gone :(

THnx in advance
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Venom stacking with what? If you mean other poison sources then yes. But keep in mind that the dmg will stay over 0.4 sec no matter how many charms you add. So if you add a 100 dmg / 5 sec sc it will only add 8 dmg over 0.4 sec. And the venom dmg isn't that bad if you look @ it's duration. With a lvl 30 venom + TO gloves you already do over 900-925 poison dmg over 0.4 sec. That's over 2400 dmg per second. That's not to shabby if you ask me.
 

MariahCareyLover

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
Venom stacking with what? If you mean other poison sources then yes. But keep in mind that the dmg will stay over 0.4 sec no matter how many charms you add. So if you add a 100 dmg / 5 sec sc it will only add 8 dmg over 0.4 sec. And the venom dmg isn't that bad if you look @ it's duration. With a lvl 30 venom + TO gloves you already do over 900-925 poison dmg over 0.4 sec. That's over 2400 dmg per second. That's not to shabby if you ask me.
Not to shabby at all :D
What I meant was this: when I would use BS and I would hit the enemy 2 times, would the poison damages of venom stack, so it would become twice the dmg. Like the case with necro and poison nova....

It really seems no-one EVER tested blade sentinel & venom huh :D
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
MariahCareyLover said:
Not to shabby at all :D
What I meant was this: when I would use BS and I would hit the enemy 2 times, would the poison damages of venom stack, so it would become twice the dmg. Like the case with necro and poison nova....

It really seems no-one EVER tested blade sentinel & venom huh :D
Poison dmg never ever stacks. If you hit monsters 2 times with poison nova or any other poison skill or source , the duration will be reset , nothing more and nothing less. You won't get double the poison dmg.
 

MariahCareyLover

Diabloii.Net Member
Lunatic said:
Poison dmg never ever stacks. If you hit monsters 2 times with poison nova or any other poison skill or source , the duration will be reset , nothing more and nothing less. You won't get double the poison dmg.
O dear, I didn't know that :O
 
that was kind of misleading.

if you hit a monster 2 times within the .4 secs, it resets the poison timer for another .4 secs. it doesnt take away any dmg or anything.

BS(sentinel) - seems to hit a lot, Im actually starting to think it works on the same principles as whirlwind (as in exactly the same) as ive been testing it a lot. either way, it hits a lot.

Venom adds to all the blade skills, so yes. both shield and sentinel will get the poison dmg.

the 'blender build' (the one you're thinking of?) is no longer viable. although the blade skills themselves are viable as a second source of dmg.
 

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
MariahCareyLover said:
Well I thought Venom was passive and I wondered why it just wouldn't work :D
Well venom is more or less passive. Technicly it's a fire&forget skill.
 
Top