Some newbie questions.

Levirax

Diabloii.Net Member
Some newbie questions.

Hello, I was talking to some friends today and we decided to play D2 again, in battle.net this time.

One of them told us that people can hack blizzard' servers and create items that just wont ever drop for us (the items dont really exists and they create it).
Is it true? (I read the sticky, I am not wanting to know how to do it, just to know if its true).
Because theres no point of playing something that is so vulnerable and unfair (in my opinion).
He told me like people sell items with 450+ poison damage, when the maximum dropped playing fair is about 100...

I will wait for an answer, I hope its not true.
I dont care if people double or create items, but I dont like to think they can create something that I couldnt ever find...

Thanks! :)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Some newbie questions.

Hi and Welcome :wave:

no, hacked items do exist on sp and nl,
a long time ago hacked items could be imported to bnet, but that has been fixed since 1.10 iirc

pd can be a prefix (gen275/lc,sc175/gc100) and suffix (gen100/charms50)
they are calculated in dmg/frame and added toegether to get higher values

Levirax

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry, but whats sp and nl?

no ladder? thats what I am thinking to play, because I dont want to create a new char from time to time hehe..

so, the hackers couldnt make any "GOD" items?

Thanks for the answer. :)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

sp is single player, chars that are used on sp, open bnet and tcp/ip

nl is non ladder, subclass of closed bnet (realm) chars that are stored on bnets servers

if your starting new on closed bnet, make ladder chars, there are ladder only items and runewords that you can find/make

when a ladder season ends, all ladder chars are converted to nl, if they choose to run ruststorm, dup'd items will be deleted, but everything legit will remain

Levirax

Diabloii.Net Member

Ahh, I got it. Nice. I really want to play in realms, let my char in bnet servers.

So, if I am like level 67 when ladder ends, I could keep getting levels in NL? What about of all my items, will I keep them?

Thank you :)

ffejrxx

Diabloii.Net Member

yes and yes

if you traded for high runes or near perfect items, consider them dup's and they can poof at any time they are in the same game as one of their clones, or when bliz runs ruststorm (most likely wont happen anytime soon)

mjkittredge

Diabloii.Net Member

There are so many benefits to playing on ladder, you might as well. Extra items that don't drop on nonladder, extra runewords you can only make in ladder.