Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some more Story Time...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Some more Story Time...

well my first D2 story so don't be too hard :p but some "constructive" feedback would be appreciated and maybe I'll write more to Arreat's adventures

...He awoke to a dark haze of confusion and fear; he felt the solidness of the earth underneath him and raised himself with arms still leaden with sleep. A strange man approached him and introduced himself, “Greetings stranger, I’m not surprised to see your kind here…†the strange man said. “Who are you?†he blurted out interrupting the man. The strange man replied, “Hmpt, I am Warriv, but who are you?†he said while pointing an accusing finger at the large barbarian. “I’m… ah…†he stuttered, his memory failing him,â€â€¦Arreat!†he exclaimed in exasperation. Warriv politely replied,â€Nice to meet you Arreat, wasn’t that the name of a barbarian demigod? Anyways you might what to head over to that old woman over there, her name is Akara and she seems to be the leader of this camp.†Arreat trudged off to meet this “Akara†to find out where he was completely forgetting about Warriv and his odd question.

Arreat reached Akara’s makeshift tent and started to speak to her, however as seeming to read his mind she started the conversation off, “I am Akara, High Priestess of the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye. I welcome you traveler, but I can offer you but poor shelter within these rickety walls…†“WHERE AM I!?†Arreat blurted out, having little patience for these people. Akara, with a look of scorn on her face, replied, “You are at a small encampment of our rogue sisters, because our once mighty citadel has fallen victim to a demoness by the name of Andariel†Something jumped in Arreats forgotten memories at the mention of the demoness, Andariel, a old fury, rage started to build inside him and crimson started to fill his vision. “Ahem†Akara said catching his attention, “there is a place of great evil outside our camp, it is filled with shadowy creatures…†Arreat with the bloodlust growing within him growled, “Don’t worry, any demon I meet will meet its own gruesome end…†as he rushed across the bridge leading out of the camp without any visible weapons to defeat his enemies. Akara turned away from the sight of Arreat running out into the wilderness and mumbled to herself, “I just hope he doesn’t get himself killed like the other ones…â€

And so begins the adventures of Arreat the Barbarian Demigod…

2. Ehtirno

Ehtirno IncGamers Member

Constructive Criticism?
    Maybe use the Enter button a bit more often?

Other than that, keep up the good work!

3. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

it looked good on word, but for some reason it didnt turn out so "enter" button filled on the post oh well

EDIT: there we go, not so tightly packed now! :lol:

4. Stony

Stony IncGamers Member

Nice start so far... but yes, hitting the 'enter' key a little more often would help. Try some more, this is a good start.

Stony

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

So many storywriters now :)

I would say it is good as for your first story. Just write more, you will improve your skills. I wouldn't be able to write anything like that, at least not using english, it is not my native language

Quite impatient guy that Arreat, isn't he?

:thumbsup:

6. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

:thumbsup: Great work, but as the others said, more `enter` :)

7. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Good start!

I won't even mention 'Enter' :D

8. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback, yes I definately got to familiarize myself with the enter button, I work on writing somemore later got to go to school right now. :cheesy:

EDIT: Thanks again, cause I feel this is one of the only forums I could of posted something like this without getting flamed :)