Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some info...if you're interested.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gargame, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

Some info...if you're interested.

After thinking about runes, and runewords, and all that wonderful stuff, I imagined what it would like to have a BotD. It'd be nice, that's all I can say. Zod's are hard to come by unfortunately, so I was wondering how many runes it would take to transmute my way up to it.

14,281,868,906,496 El's <---trillion
    242,869,680 chipped topazes
    80,958,168 chipped amethysts
    26,986,860 chipped sapphires
    8,996,022 chipped rubies
    2,998,875 chipped emeralds
    1,001,760 chipped diamonds

This assumes you only use el's, and use chipped gems to transmute up to the higher gems that you need to upgrade the runes. Better start collecting my el's and chips :D :lol:

2. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Yah, crazy stuff.

This has been discussed before in length in other threads scattered in the forums.

Of course, people offer that it wouldn't take that long because no one would ever actually transmute up to a Zod just from Els ... but still considering if you were extremely lucky and found many high end runes it would still be almost impossible to cube up to a Zod without major help and/or a hell of a long time playing.

I think that someone has actually cubed a Zod before but it took something like 4+ years of constant playing to do so. Of course, it helps if you find a Cham along the way.

3. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

IIRC, there was the zod project where 16(?) people did full time hell-forge runs in order to cube up to a zod and it took them over 2 weeks. They also asked for a lot of donations. Also imagine cubing all your vexs/surs/bers etc!

4. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

16 people? How did they decide who kept the zod? They put it in a BotD and pass it around? Which sounds like a pretty good idea to me...who shall join me in the zod quest? :p

5. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

The guy who came up with the idea? I can't remember.

6. somethingsin

somethingsin IncGamers Member

I'd be more than willing to donate some runes, gems and such. when we have a zod we ought to put it in something like a low quality ethereal quilted armour and personalise it with a barbarian named the_spf who has to get the quest without wearing any armour....

*note: the idea of personalising something with a char did not originate with me, I think it came up in fbob's zod thread*

7. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

That's an awesome idea, I'd be totally willing to do that. lol, I can picture it. What an awesome waste of a zod.

8. Rizzo

Rizzo IncGamers Member

I'm willing to donate all the runes I find (although Im not playing anymore... :rolleyes: )

perhaps i should start again?

9. Gargame

Gargame IncGamers Member

When I started playing again, I said "Once a LoD player, always a LoD player."
    So, whether you start again now, or later, you WILL start again :D

I doubt we'll get enough people to help the cause, and I don't plan on starting till we have enough support. So, if you want to start playing again just to help this awesome quest, go for it! :p

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Yeah I have run these calculations before they are absurd to say the least.

But just think every Ist you find is several thousands of Els so that number drops significantly.

From a cube, an el and 1 of each chippy a good duper can make a full set of runes in about 30-45 minutes. Though completely unlegit it happens.

I have found maybe a 1000 or so runes over the last year, not including the ones I have used and have cubed up. But I don't think I will ever be able to get a Zod by cubing. It better just to be lucky and happen upon one while running hell cows.

11. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

try several billion: 27,894,275,208 to be exact, I have a text file on my desk top for easy ref when in ATMA. I cube as I go to save space and keep it fairly unclutered. Incedently BotD was mentioned at first it it would actually require an additional 111,581,883,886 Els for a total of 14,393,450,790,382.
    Anyone else amussed that it has an El and Eld smack in the middle?

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Ok people, donatwe all your high end runes to some guy, and he'll try and cube a zod. probably best if you only send in sur's and above. I'll be the supervisor in charge of the project, which we shall call project bob.
    Or alternatively, i can stare at mine for another 3 weeks before someone wins it.

13. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Rune cubing is rather depressing. I had stated in a thread where I said I was going to cube up my lower runes to get some mid runes. Then I looked to see what could generate...I would need 729 Thul equivalents to get one Io. Freakin pointless....I do have 10 Hels and 25 Dols. That will generate 2 Lums, provided I have the gems...

Runes suck. I repeat, runes suck.

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I totally agree with Fafner...at first rune cubing seems a very interesting perspective...finally those hard to get high runes are within grasp...but the only way to cube a high rune is to find 2 slightly rarer runes and cube up. Rune cubing is only relevant 3 maybe 4 tiers upward for middle runes, and only 1 tier when it's high runes.

15. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

I have been collecting the low runes for 18 or so months now, before that I just sold them all, and because I only play 1.09 I can only cube to Thul. In that time I had cubed about 50 or so Thuls and found 30 or so. So rolling a Zod from low level runes ain't gonna happen. :D

16. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

why would you waste over two weeks of your time to get a zod rune when you are going to waste in some worthless armor then sell it because you realize how stupid you are. I seriously hope you have better things to do in life than waste your time getting a zod rune, just so you can waste it...