Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some help with a Zealot?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Phosheez, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Phosheez

Phosheez IncGamers Member

Some help with a Zealot?

First off here is all the info on my Pally, although it may be a ridiculous amount of info:
    Level 43
    strength-90
    dex-60
    vitality-135
    energy-15
    life-548
    skills (left out 1 pointers in pre-reqs):
    sacr-12 zeal-11
    veng-1 holy shield-1
    fanat-14 defiance-1 (woops)
    Currently my body includes:
    head-
    sigon's visor
    weapon-
    general's tan do li ga flail
    shield-probably the place i could upgrade the most right now, socketed it with two perfects
    raven aegis heraldic shield
    def-46, c to b-50%, +2 strength, damage red by 1, all resis +32
    armor-
    sparkling mail mesh armor (upgraded from chain mail)
    348 def, light res +30, 1-20 light dam, attac takes 13 light
    gloves-
    sigon's gage gauntlets
    belt-
    sigon's wrap plated belt
    boots-
    sigon's sabot greaves
    rings-
    angelic halo, cathan's seal
    amulet-also kind of junky
    +3 energy, +9 life, +4 mana, fire res +17, +3 light, cold, and poison, 37 extra gold
    backpack:
    cathan's visage mask, milabrega's orb kite shield, angelic mantle ring mail, bloodfist sharkskin gloves(uped from heavy gloves), infernal sign heavy belt, naj's circlet, nagel ring ring, angelic siokle sabre, and a rare flanged mace with decent mods.

So one of my q's is this: for what i have did am i wearing the right stuff? Right now the sigon's set is giving me huge increases to AR but the naj's circlet is real nice.
    Other random bits of info:
    just beat baal on normal, he may have hit me once with a physical attack but other than that didnt have to use a potion because i think i have about 20% life leech right now.
    With fanat and zeal on i get between 65-485 damage per hit
    my resists with the current equipment are: 75, 75, 75, 56 so cant do much better in normal than that.
    The other q is this: when do you know that you have a good enough item to start breaking up the sigon's set?
    Also, right now i am just leveling up in act 5 cause it seems i get at least 1 or 2 set items per go through and im leveling up once also. At what point should i start through nm, did first quest already there btw.
    Also, Im doing single player off the net. Im somewhat familiar with the diablo "lingo", but ive never been this far in the game so im unsure on how to procede. I have also noticed many talk about the necessity for max resists so is it really necessary for max poison resist as well? Sorry for being the newbie and thanks in advance for any advice thrown my way. Also, if there is some other bit of info you want i can post that too.

Edit: I forgot to mention the IAS on all that stuff, not sure where im at on that.

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

For your level, you have a bit of unneccessary skills...first of, max sacrifice and fanatism for speed, AR and dmg, max zeal the last. Keep your blocking at 75% at all times, either with HS or by adding dexterity. Also forget about vengeance until you're going for hell difficulty, or if you decide to max it then start thinking about it at lvl60 or so, not before.

Cheap alternatives for your gear, use 2 angelic rings and angelic amulet for massive AR boost, try to get laying of hands gloves, those are normally really common so you wont have any trouble trading for them, or even getting ones for free (just don't beg).

As for leveling, go for the NM, if it gets too tough, go back to normal and lvl up to 50 or so. And make use of the /players 8 command as you're in SP, the SPF forum will most likely be useful for you also (and the ATMA muling program :) )

3. Antiochous_3

Antiochous_3 IncGamers Member

Hey! Yea you are sounding pretty good. Your gear seems to be acceptable for the lvl that u are. If u want i have 40 mules full of goodies from when i played sp. I can see if i still have all of them saved and then mabey come on open bnet and help ya out. I sure dont need any of it.

4. MeBrutox

MeBrutox IncGamers Member

Like Borlag said, you want to level up (some where between 50-55 before moving on). If you have not clicked on the Waypoint in the halls of pain (I think that is the name of the second level in the temple before you kill Nihlt..whatever), then you can switch to players 8 and just kill pindelskin and his minions, which takes about 30 seconds or so wipe them out, do not be afraid to use one high damage 20-handed weapon for that). You can easily gain 10 levels by just killing him on /players 8, in an hour then move on to nightmare.

Also, at that point, you will want to start looking into better requipment, then sigon's.

5. Phosheez

Just a reminder. I dont play online so some of the advice given here is somewhat useless. Sorry for not being clear on that fact

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Phosheez, none of the advice here are for realm play, or for MP play :) In single player games you have the option on typing "/players x" where X is the number of players you want to simulate in your game. This gives you more experience along with reducing the nodrop chance of monsters, which results in more items dropping in the game. As for the other tips, those are the same in both MP and SP.

Along with that Antiochous offered you mule characters for SP that you could get by logging on to open battle.net (which works for your characters also).

Anyway, you might want to visit the single player forum here for more information about SP gaming in general as it is somewhat different from the realm games.

7. Phosheez

Sorry about that, i was refering to being able to trade stuff with people, cant do that. THanks for the help on the /players 8, that has helped a lot. Leveling up isnt taking quite as long, though my weapon breaks more frequently since it takes more hits to bring an enemy down.

8. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

well, actually there is a possibility of that also :)

Check out the ATMA (A Tenshi's Muling Application) here, with that you can mule items offline and trade items with others by e-mail. If you need more help in using it, just throw me a PM or check the ATMA thread in the SPF