Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Hellforge stats and observations

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Lord Chaos, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Some Hellforge stats and observations

So, I decided to run a few Hellforges...I didn't make any stats for normal hellforge because I just gathered the gems, here are the preliminary Nightmare Hellforge stats (and yes, I know that this has been done many times before...just adding again):

SOLx3
    SHAELx4
    DOLx3
    HELx3
    IOx4
    LUMx2
    KOx3
    FALx5
    LEMx3
    PULx4
    UMx6

Each find recorded right after the character got it.

Here are my observations:

1. They seem to be truly random. Meaning theres no particular rune thats more important than any other.

2. What does however happen is that sometimes you will get a large number of higher runes or just lower runes, which in the short run creates the illusion of some people being unlucky and others being lucky. It also creates the illusion sometimes that doing certain things and using certain characters has an effect on drop. Everything gathered here suggests this isn't the case.

3. Level doesn't matter...all the mules were between level 1-40, it didn't make any difference, level 1 mule dropped UM, a level 40 mule dropped SOL and visa versa.

4. Only *ONE* rune drops in a game, no matter how many characters gets the quest.

5. Gems on the other hand usually drops in sets of: 1 Perfect, 2 Flawless and 1 normal gem for EACH character thats getting the quest.

I might have forgotten a few things, so feel free to ask questions.

2. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

Interesting data. You're correct in that you would get clumps of higher runes and clumps of lower runes. If the distrubution was too even and sequential, it would suggest that it was not random.

About how long did this take you? You came away with some pretty good value in runes. 6 Um's, 4 Pul's, 3 Lem's, etc is nothing to sneeze at.

3. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

nightmare all of them?

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

All of these findings were known a while back already.
    1) all runes (eg. nightmare sol-um) have an equal chance of dropping from the hellforge
    2) char level doesn't matter
    3) an entire party will only get one rune from the quest so you should NEVER do the quest in a party that also needs the quest.
    4) Your observation about the "streaks" of low or high runes is just probability kicking you in the rear. The observation means nothing just as many mf people have conspiracy theories about "mf at this time of the day for best results or "mf dries up after x amount of runs".

5. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

Looking forward to seeing your results from the same test in Hell .....

6. Lord Chaos

I said that this was nothing new.

1. Yes, all the drops have equal chance of dropping, by to prove that you have to spawn a whol lot of them to check.
    2. Indeed it doesn't
    3. Correct, but you will get more gems...so in normal mode its often better to go for getting many gems in one pile than worry about an ELD.
    4. My observation was that I BELIEVED this was why OTHERS believed this. Simply because the runes would come in lumps and therefor proving whatever odd theory they believe in.

7. Lord Chaos

Yes...thats only nightmare.

I am going to do Hell with all of them as soon as my sorceress gets better resistancewise.,

8. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

im still gonna go with my theory that the Hellforge just hates me...

i helped my friend do a bunch of hell hellforges. in something like 5 runs he got 2 ums a Mal and a Gul.

my results-2 Puls (and one was in NIGHTMARE)

9. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

Hellforge is pretty nice to me. So far ive gotten a few Ist's and a Gul, not too bad, Although I hate it when you get a Um rune from nm hellforge and a Fal rune from hell hellforge.