Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Hammerdin Questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jinntonic, Nov 12, 2006.

1. jinntonic

jinntonic Diabloii.Net Member

Some Hammerdin Questions

I currently built a cookie-cutter Hammerdin. Current build/eq:

Skills:
    Maxed Hammer
    Maxed Vigor
    Maxed Blessed Aim
    Maxed Concentration
    3~ into Holy Shield.
    1 into preq and other defensive auras

Stats:

Strength:90
    Dex: Enough for max block
    Vit: Everything else

Equipment:

Helmet: "Lore" Shako
    Armor: Enigma
    Weapon1: Hoto
    Weapon2: CtA
    Shield: Spirit Monarch
    Belt: Crappy Caster Belt
    Gloves: Crappy Caster Gloves
    Ring1: Plain 10% fcr ring
    Ring2: Open for +res/MF/FCR, depending on what I need atm.
    Amulet: +1 to pally, +19 to all res rare ammy

Obviously, I'm not very rich or anything. I just happened to get lucky MFing to afford the Enigma/Hoto/Cta, and the rest is things I found/made myself. With that equipment, I have almost max resists in hell, and do roughly 7.3k~ max with hammers.

So my questions are:

Is there any cheap way to get my hammer to the 10k~ range? Or atleast 8-9k?

I can do countess and arcane runs just fine, but Nith is giving me alot of trouble. Maybe my hotkeys are set up weird, but I can't seem to tp next to him and switch back to concentration fast enough to kill him before he uses CE a few times and kills me. Are there any tricks to running him quickly?

Are countess runs worth it? I ran her for about an hour or 2, and the best I came up with was a Sol rune. I also found a Shaftstop, but that's just pure luck and I can't really depend on unique drops.

Which would be more profitable? Running countess/arcane/nith for Keys and selling them, or running Hell Meph/Pindle on a Sorc with 300~ mf?

There's no way I could ever do Uber Trist on my Hammerdin, but could I run the other Ubers for the parts?

Any other general info would be appreciated.

2. TeknoRat

TeknoRat Diabloii.Net Member

The only way to really get more damage is with more expensive gear. You'll probably want Shako, Arachs, 2xSojs, Maras, anni and Ptorch. Right now I have the shako, arachs and anni and im doing almost 10k with no Pcombs, Ptorch, maras or sojs. Although I do use a HoZ instead of Spirit because in PVM I don't really feel the need for the last fcr BP.
    The trick to running nith quickly is to get a natures peace ring or something else with the RIP mod. Then the CE won't matter. Also the Halls of Pain WP always spawns in I think 1 of 3 places, so then you can jut remember where the next level entrance is from where the WP is.
    Countess Runs are generally only worth it if you are key hunting.
    I'd say key runs as people are paying a lot for keysets nowadays.
    As I've never run any of the ubers with my hammerdin I have no idea.

3. jinntonic

Thanks alot Teknorat.

What else gives the slain monsters rest in peace attribute? And also, could you go a bit more indepth about the wp/next level part you were talking about?

4. TeknoRat

TeknoRat Diabloii.Net Member

I believe its only the nature's peace ring, Tyrael's Might and the Lawbringer RW.

The Halls of Pain WP will spawn in one of 3 spots. The top right of the map, and then the other two on the bottom.

For the one in the top right just tele down and to the right as far as possible and it will always be in the same place on the right wall.

For the two that spawn on the bototm of the map its always to the left, so tele all the way to the left and tele up and down that side and it'll be there.

Once you do it enough times you'll figure it out.

ALSO once you get to the next level Nihlatahak will always be down the sides with the drawings on certain walls. Theres a guide in the Community Forum.

5. jinntonic

Thanks again.

I'm guessing that the Halls of Pain WP is worth not doing Pindle then.

6. Generator

Generator Diabloii.Net Member

ya, pindle isn't that great for drops anyways since the new patch nerfed what he can drop. The wp saves you alot of time and trouble getting to nith. When you enter the wp, go straight up and to the right. If you immediately can't go to the right then the entrance is down and slightly to the left. if you can go right then keep going right and up until you see the entrance. However, with the third map, it looks much different than the other two right off the bat. first off there is much more space before you hit a wall directly above you. Once you recognize the difference between this map and the other two then you will instantly know where the entrance is. It is down a little ways and then directly left. Sorry if this is confusing, I wish I could draw you a map but after 10-20 runs you will get the hang of it, it will become easy to run nith.

Also, some advice for hotkeys and how to tele on top of nith to kill him. for my hotkeys as a hammerdin I have hammer always on left click and then the rest of my skills are on the right; I use F1-F8. I use W (F6) for tele and E (F3) for conc, that way I can easily switch between conc and tele. pracitice this a bit and you will soon become quick enough to kill nith before he can even have time to cast CE. Lastly, just tele right on top of nith (right click on his name) and quickly switch to conc and start hammering. He should die in only a few hammers. Good luck and I hope this helps ;)