Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some elemantalist questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by achilles, Mar 16, 2004.

1. achilles

achilles IncGamers Member

Some elemantalist questions

Hello everyone, I am building an elemental /summoning druid and I have a few questions for the experts around here.

1) I have a shapeshifting/summoning druid also and I did not touch the vine tree, do you suggest the same strategy for the elementalist? Solar creeper looks good for mana recovery, or woild you say, " if you need mana drink a potion and same you skill points" ?

2)Just so I understand cyclone armor, since it protects you from all elemantal damage except poison, I dont have to concertrate so much on resistances, right?

3)Most agree that tornado,armagedon and hurricane are his best skills for dishing out damage, what about volcano? Is it worth building up or just put a point there as a pre. for armagedon?

4)For all of you with high lvl elementalists, is there a point where you can kill all the monsters with you elemental skills only or you you have to jump in there with a melee weapon and help out?

I look forward to your responses, Tia.

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

two general elementalist builds, at the moment. There is the wind elemental and the fire elemental. there are other builds that you can try, but they require good gear and some experience to play. Generally, you can pick almost any elementalist skill to play with and do fine. You just need to get it to acceptable levels and get a synergy to it. On the cyclone armor, if you go the wind route, it will make you almost elemental immune. Rather entertaining little development, if you ask me. However, try to get your resists at least positive.

--welt

3. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

1) Yup, mana potions are all over the place. Don't bother with the vines.

2) Yeah, you're still gonna want resists.

3) Spells which can kill: Firestorm, Molten Boulder, Fissure, Tornado, Volcano, Armageddon and Hurricane. Not nessicarily in that order. AB is bugged, so it's too weak to kill :(

4)If you get to a high level and still have to melee as an elementalist, you've done something wrong.

Personally I think the two best elementalist builds are you're cookie-cutter wind druid (Nado, Hurricane, CA, OS then Twisters) and the less used bowler (MB, FS, Volc, OS and Fissure). You can mix and match, but that will make you weaker. Either path offers two types of damage (physical + wind or fire) and so just need another elemental merc to make up a third type and they can get by most things.

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I agree with Bob

A build with maxed Armageddon is purly a "fun" build. The fall pattern is simply to random and spaced out. Also with Geddon, you max Fissure, which means you want FS as synergy befor MB, meaning crowd control becomes an issue

But if you're just looking to run around in the Throne making fire rise from the ground and fall from the sky (like I was) then go with maxed Geddon. But if you're serious and playing through the game. Windy or Bowler is much easeir

5. achilles

achilles IncGamers Member

Thanx for the responses guys, very interesting.
    Im a liitle confused, all wind skills do phycical dame, right?
    So how can you get through hell diff.,because of the FI monsters, without using some of the fire skills?
    Can a windy druid make it to hell diff. and be viable?

6. memememe173

Windy is one of the strongest builds in 1.10

Hurricane does cold damage so you can get by in hell.

Fire is harder and you either need a good merc, or to slowly work on the monsters with MB and valcano

7. jwhite82

jwhite82 IncGamers Member

I think a point in poison creeper is useful at first. It can kill the annoying little creatures pretty easily.

8. memememe173

You really have to wiegh the long term affects of putting those sort of skill point in, especially with synergys in 1.10

9. wind

wind IncGamers Member

My wind druid has been the most fun to play so far, and finishing hell with him can be done. But be forewarned, they're +skills dependant, moreso than other types of characters I've played. But the fun factor does make up for some struggling later on if you don't have the resources to equip him nice.

10. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

Put your first 5 or so points into Firestorm, it does a good job on those little guys and is useful later on in the game too. It gets quite powerful once all it's synergies are maxed.