Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some D3 count downs

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Victorinox, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Victorinox

Victorinox IncGamers Member

Some D3 count downs

I don't know if you already noticed, but there are some countdowns on some pages which refer to bigD3:

www.blizzplanet.com
    deleted

Vic

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Drixx

Drixx IncGamers Member

Re: Some D3 count downs

While they certainly seem big ... you have to think that BLIZZARD would have some sort of countdown going on their main site if there was an announcement that close. They had stuff up for the last few announcements. So far... nada.

3. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

They already got the name for it: World Of Sanctuary

Seems to me quite logical. Countdown points to 1st May.

4. Medievaldragon

Medievaldragon IncGamers Member

Indeed. Only Blizzard can confirm whether or not there is a game announcement. I am not sure why people is speculating the countdown is toward a game announcement.

Something will be announced, but not the game. If there were a game to be announced at WWI, then the May 1 announcement would fit there somewhat, so to speak.

WhiteAlien, you have been doing your homework, I see. grins.

5. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Sorry guys, I needed to remove one of the links. That site in question had previously spammed our forum on a number of occasions with advertisements, and as a result have a bad rep here.

6. Drixx

Drixx IncGamers Member

I'd like to know why a Starcraft MMO is more likely... pure conjecture ... then again, all of this talk is for the moment.

7. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

Here's the deal, there won't be an announcement from Blizzard re: a Diablo 3 game. What this looks like is a domain acquisition. In other words, Blizazrd will have asked for the domain to be sold onto them so the domain becomes Blizzard's property. This has been going on for months, with diablo3.es being one of the more recent acquisitions. So when the tickers hit the first it's likely the domain will become Blizzard's proprty which also means that we can be pretty sure that Diablo III is confirmed for an announement soonish (possibly wwi). This is my theory at least going on what has happened in previous years with WoW. Of course I could be wrong but that is THE most likely reason for these countdowns.

8. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

How can I get BLUE name?

Considering Blizzard success with WoW in financial matters they wont have big problems to obtain this domain name. As for guys from diablo3.com gz, they will get big chunk of green banknotes.

no I'm not. I just add some more oil to fire.

9. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

I will say though that the diablo3.net domain has not been sought after by Blizzard which also indicates that the domaoin purchase may well not be on the cards ;) Also, Blizzard pay less to acquire domains than you may think. I know the webmaster from diablo3.es was pretty upset when his hand was basicly being forced to hand the domain over for trademark reasons. I'm sure they shelled out some dough for it but the actual figure is unknown.

10. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

diablo3.net points here, means you guys have it :smiley: Yes I forget the point that Diabloâ„¢ is trademark.

P.S. and how can I get blue name?

11. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Dude, read the description under Rushster and that might give ya a clue! :wink3:

12. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

yee, I know. I was hoping if I start begging for blue fonts maybe they will give me

come on guys, gieb me blue fonts. I wont tell anyone, I promise :lipsrsealed:

13. prion

prion IncGamers Member

blue? I want nuclear orange

Rushster are they going to pursue ownership of all sites that have some form of Diablo 3 in them? How would this affect your plans for Diablo3.net? (or any other established fansite's plans, for that matter)

14. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

We'll know it's really a D3 countdown when Blizzard plays The Final Countdown by the music band Europe when we log on to D2. So we'll be muling some pgems and suddenly the D2 music turns to:

"It's the final countdoooooooooowwwwn!! We're leaving togeaaaaaaaather!!.... ...."