Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Calculating And Upgrade questions...

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by UpInTheSky, Sep 22, 2006.

1. UpInTheSky

UpInTheSky IncGamers Member

Some Calculating And Upgrade questions...

I’m giving you all some hard time again :cool:

1 . Herald Of Zakarum have base defense that varies [144-168], so if he spawn as 200ed he should have base defense of 168 so then it will be:

168*200/100 = 504

On Arreat Summit it’s written that defense varies from 422-507… What am I doing wrong here :D

2 . Does gliched defense work like this:

Let’s take eth Sacred Armor:

Defense on Sacred Armor varies from 487-600, so let’s say he spawn with perfect defense of 600. His eth defense will be: 600 * 1,5 = 900… When I put it in cube to sox it I should get 900 * 1,5 = 1350 and maybe 4 sox if I’m lucky enough ? That’s the perfect defense right ?

And also how do I coun’t defense or damage when I’m upgrading items from Normal -> Exceptional -> Unique ? Does it just add the base defense from exception /elite counterpart or no ?

Give me example on Magefist or Bloodfist or whatever you like :heart:

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

1) IIRC unique armor type items with Enhanced defence on them has base defence allways max defence (of that base item type) +1. That's why it's 507, not 504.
    2) You are right
    3) When it's upgraded the base defence of the upgraded item is not max defence +1 like in your question 1, but it varies between base min and max...

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Items that spawn with the Enhanced Defense property always have max+1 defense. Herald of Zakarums always have a base defense of 169.

yes.

For weapons, take the exceptional/elite's base damage and applies the ED% and +max, +min, and +damage properties like normal. For Armor, roll a random defense in the range for the exceptional/elite's base item and calculate ED% and +defense from there.

Spirit Shroud is a unique Ghost armor with 150% enhanced defense. Ghost Armor's Base defense is 102 - 117. Since it has ED%, the Spirit Shroud always has base defense of 118. 118 * (1 + 150%) = 295

If we up the Spirit Shroud, we will now have a Dusk Shroud. Dusk Shrouds have 361 - 467 base defense. This defense will be randomized. We will have from 361 * (1+150%) = [902.5] = 902 defense to 467 + (1+150%) = [1167.5] = 1167 defense.

EDIT: pwnt

4. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

1. When an armor item spawn with enhanced defense it will always use max def+1.
    So the Hoz with 200% ed will have 169*(1+(200/100)) = 507

2. Yes, that's exactly how it works :)

I'll use the perfect magefist (30% ed) as upgrade example.

Light gauntlets upgrade to Battle gauntlets (base def 39-47) and then Crusader gauntlets (base def 59-68).

When up'd to Battle Gauntlets you'll get a def between 39*(1+(30/100) 50,7 ~50 and 47*(1+(30/100) = 61,1 ~61
    up'd to Crusader gauntlets you'll get a def ranging from 59*(1+(30/100) = 76,7 ~76 and 68*(1+(30/100) = **,4 ~**

Owned twice :\

5. monte cristo

monte cristo IncGamers Member

All superior defense items have set their defense to max+1. Whenever %ed spawns on them that is. So a Gilded Shield would have a max of (168+1)*3 = 507.

The second part is right, iirc.

When upgrading, the game chooses a random defense from the new items defense range. So even if the base item had %ed and thus max base defense for its type, the new, upgraded one doesn't have to.

EDIT: Heh. Got beat to it.. em... thrice :rolleyes: ..three times.

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

the (max+1)*(100%+x%ED) formula applies to every item that spawns with %ED.

When upgrading, you create a new base item, but you don't "spawn" a new item, thus that formula doesn't apply, and defense is rolled randomly.

This includes superior, unique, rare, magic, set, (and crafted items?), even "hidden" set bonuses, like the 50%ED on the IK soul cage, but does NOT apply to +defense like on Tal Rasha's Guardianship. %ED added later will modify the base defense, which is max+1 in all these cases (except from the tal's example). Only way to add %ED later is Pul runes or runeword bonuses.

7. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Crafts spawn

When crafting, a new item spawns in place of the four crafting ingredients, and ED causes one over the max defense to be used. With upgrading, you're changing one property of the item object, which doesn't respawn the item, so a defense roll is needed. Adding +*%ED to items already with it simply increases it, but doesn't suddenly make items without it (Rattlecage) max+1.

This is one of the primary explanations I had about runes in runewords disappearing (socketing a duped rune doesn't perm it). Item objects are a list (array?) of properties tied to each other. With runes, the sequence of tying is very relevent since they create runewords - an additional property tied to the item once done properly - but the runes are still intact as far as their fingerprint goes. No need to go into detail here, though.