Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some BvB advice needed

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by AlmostInfinity, Aug 31, 2006.

1. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

Some BvB advice needed

Hello, I am making a bvb barbarian because I love barbs and I am tired of other barbs killing my bvc :laugh: I had a pvp sword and shield barb last ladder and he fended fairly well for himself. Well enough that I want to make another. Here's what I have in mind:

Weapon - I am stuck on which weapon I should give him. Should I use a Fury zerker for open wounds or a Greif zerker for damage? Or should I just experiment with both and see which I like better? I read the bvb weapon analysis guide and just wanted to know what you guys have tried and what you thought of the different combinations (Greifz+Fort, Greifz+Duress, or Furyz+Fort)
    The rest of my gear is pretty much the standard gear you see. I am going to be using:
    Arreats - ed / str jewel
    Sacred Fortitude
    Gores
    Dracs
    Dungo's
    SS - eld'd
    Angelic combo

inventory - torch, anni, and a batch of ar/life charms, some max

Skills - 20 ww, mastery, bo, shout, rest into iron skin

Strategy - what is the best way to whirl against other barbs? Go at your opponent in passes, continuously whirl at them, tri whirl, mix it up - what are some of your guys' strategies?

Any other advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

P.S. I'll probably have another post in the future for help with my bvc :grin:

2. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

grief + forti is a good dmg setup.

OW is also nice in bvb if u get to a high lvl then

duress + grief is a half and hafl combi giving u dmg + OW

edit

forget fury zerk+ Duress forti + zerk will work better cuz fury has 66% ow + u have 25% from drac gloves and 10% from gores which will land u at max

Also did u thinkabout factering Stone runeword armours in?

i think passes work well or just after a barb has finished a WW, but if u go the OW way u can hit, dodge his WW and w8 for Ow to drain the hit again and repeat.

3. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

I'd say go with grief/fort-as it is a good a balance of damage & ow(which is high enough to trigger after 8 second duration)-provided you manage a high ar.

4. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies. I think greif + fort wins it. I'll keep my Fury zerker on my guy though and experiment with it some more.

rikstaker - thanks for making that awesome guide