Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

some build I want to try

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DeathMaster, Apr 8, 2005.

1. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

some build I want to try

My holyshock paly is in A3 normal, while I'm questing, I had these crazy ideas.

1. would it be crazy to make a holy freeze/shock hybird? like 20 zeal, 20 HF, 20 HS, 1 holy shield, 20 res lit, 10 res cold (or 20 res cold, 10 res lit)?

2. what about conviction zealot?

2. ZeN

ZeN IncGamers Member

about 1. - that waht i have done with my only freezealot - HS as a backup for PI/CI.

It works OK.

3. Howitzer Al

Howitzer Al IncGamers Member

1) A hybrid's not crazy at all. I bet that almost every Tesladin is some sort of hybrid. You've got to have some way of killing all the Lightning Immunes, right? According to the Tesladin guide, the best options are Physical, Vengeance, or Holy Freeze. I just patted a Tesladin with Holy Freeze backup (just 1 point in Zeal and max HS, HF, RL, and RC) and it's DEFINITELY viable. Pretty easy in fact.

2) I've heard that it's possible when you stack up lots of elemental damage.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

It all depends on what items your planning on using. Since i presume you'll be using fanat and not a holy aura, the only elemental damage will be coming from your items, so you'll be wanting uber amounts of elemental damge and lots of charms/jewels to make it worthwhile.

5. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

As an elemental zealot you'd be better off using conviction. Also I find that elemental charms don't add too much, but I think mine were crappy. Gimmershred or Azurewrath are the best weapons or famine...

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Yes, ideally you'd have azurewrath and conviction, thus making it like a fast vengence, but i think that you'll suffer in hell if a monster is immune to more than 1 of the elements, since even with conviction, you wont be doing that much actual damage. But considering you'dd be doing physical damage quite well (less so if you go gimmershed) you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

7. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

That is the idea around the ranger pally I'm eventually going to build. Slap on my perfect Widowmaker and as much +skills with shock for main and cold for immunes or sticky situations. The game is trying to tell me to finish my lvl 62ish hammerdin which has been sitting for some time. I must have 8 or so combat skillers for him which is about 5 or 6 more than when I last played him. I only have 1 or 2 offensive charms.

Cheers K

8. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

about 2 : dosnt barnaras star beat famine ?

9. cft

cft IncGamers Member

I have a 70ish pally, in Act 4 NM who is
    20 holy shock
    20 resist lightning
    ~15 holy freeze
    ~15 resist cold

with a couple points in zeal, 1 in holy shield.

His holyshock with zeal is about 1-3500 (almost all lightning damage). Currently he's using that druid set morning star (edit: Aldurs Rythum) with some shaels in it, and I think he's got a crushflange on switch (low damage for Iron Maiden, and crushing blow for crushing blow)

His holyfreeze damage is about 300-600 (about 70% elemental)

I think he's doing fairly well, but he does not do much physical damage, and so he goes through red potions like crazy. He kills stuff ok, but if he gets surrounded, the incoming damage is too much.

I do like him ok. He's probably my first zealot in ages. It's very odd to not do much physical damage.

He's stalled in late NM though, as he almost died a dozen or so times in act 4, and he's only just got to the river of fire. He just seems fragile, and even though I play softcore now, I act like HC, and try to never get killed. I need to adjust his gear, to either let me leech a lot more, or I need to boost his defenses.

Or I need to learn to wake up less monsters (kinda hard with a lvl 20+ aura!!!)

So I guess I would say: Fun, but he's got a glass jaw

10. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

For number 1, a shock/freeze hybrid is definitely not crazy (though I'd reduce the amount of Zeal personally). In fact it's so easy you could play the game with no weapon. Seriously.

11. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Thanks everyone. I'm still not too later to try a hybird. I think I will need the zeal for AR, and I like some physical damage. the weapon will be CM PB, so the physical part will be next to "nothing", at least, OKs will not be too much trouble. :D

12. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

what does that have to do whit my question ? :) but when i look at the stats i prefer the barnaras over famine, even if i had 100 jah's, no ? i mean 200 % ar bonus... same elemental dmg... what s so great about famine ?