Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

some Blade Shield questions.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Evah, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

some Blade Shield questions.

- What's the renge of BS? is it constant or tied to your weapon's range?
    - Does BS require AR like Blade Fury?
    - What's the aspd of BS? i mean, how often does the blade attack?

2. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

1) Not sure.
    2) No.
    3) Once every second, or so. I'm sorry to say I can't give you an exact frequency in terms of frames. I think it has a constant 'check' if enemies are within range, sort of the same as with Conviction Aura.

As a sidenote I thought I'd mection that BS draind the duarbility of your weapon/s.

3. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

The range of BS is how far you throw it...oh right.... /joke. :tongue: . Umm i would suggest not using this skill, it doesn't really do much, the damage is minimal, its like having something paper cut them, while you are hacking them (not the computer way) away with your claws... maybe i'm wrong??

4. BildBenny

The biggest benefit you get from Blade Shield is that it carries Venom. Meaning that if you're a kicker (Talon) you can apply your poison to other surrounding monsters while you're kicking away at one of 'em.

5. Evah

Evah IncGamers Member

hm then i think this skill won't be very beneficial for me since i'm goin to de a zeal-a-sin.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian IncGamers Member

Thank you thank you thank you. I was thinking of using this on my BFsin that is using an unrepairaable eth famine mallet. Breaking it with that would have really sucked. It's already a 2hr waste of a weapon to any other build :)

7. BildBenny

Hmm... I've played around a bit with a toon a had that used BS. I can distinctively remember that BS would carry Venom when I played with this character before, however I never saw it happen this time around.
    See if you can find some other thread that deals with this subject, just to get clarification.
    I'm still positive on the durability-thing, though.

EDIT: http://s94360530.onlinehome.us/d2/assassin-faq17.htm

EDIT2: Also, I found that Blade Sentinel has a NextDelay of 1 second. I believe that Blade Shield also has that.

8. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Blade Shield pulses once a second (and on the frame it is cast). There is no NextDelay on the skill.

It does indeed reduce durability.

Range seems to be fixed, I could not tell a difference when I had a pike or claws equiped. Phoenix-Hawk had similar observations.

I'm pretty sure it requires AR. Phoenix-Hawk supports that statement by listing ITD as one of the working properties. During my tests, it seemed that I would occasionally miss monsters in the circle where I was casting.