Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

some BASIC SP questions :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by chickenhed, May 23, 2005.

1. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

some BASIC SP questions :)

Hey guys. I read the FAQ, but I still have some questions. If I missed these answers, I apologize in advance.

1. What is the main purpose of playing SP? Ive always played on either closed bnet, or ladder bnet. I couldnt figure out the advantages of SP over the ability to join any game I want.

2. What exactly can you do with SP characters? As in, can I create mutiplayer games with them? can items be transferred between a friend's SP character, and my SP character?

I guess thats it. Please enlighten me! :)

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

In short: Getting away from the people of battle.net and towards the people of SP. Somebody else can tell you more, but that's one of the main things.

3. Ana

Ana IncGamers Member

The chance of getting hacked or ending up a victim of "nasty" people is close to nihil.

And yes, you can play multiplayer games.

4. LordMay

LordMay IncGamers Member

You can create multiplayer games. There is a sticky thread at the top for them. Items can be transfered via a program called ATMA. It is better than anything you find on bnet.

Another great thing about playing sp is that the forum community is welcoming and very helpful(as long as you follow the rules).

5. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Lack of friends. (Sorry, I've said that like a millionbillion times.)

2. We can h4x them. So we can own those quill rats.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

1. *takes depe breathe* no hacks, can change player settings, dont have to relie on others to help you through, no annoying n00bs, no rushers, can build a underpowered character and not get shunned, ATMA muling is teh 1337, and no lag. *breathes again*

7. Ana

Ana IncGamers Member

Wow, be carefull fb, or you might need cpr :D

8. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

You can also play for a bit, wander off, and come back 3 months later with all your stuff and char. Plus since it's all on your own comp, you can play any patch you want.

9. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

if your goal is to rush your über-l33t hammerdin to Baal using your duped Enigma and BotD, then SP probably isn't for you. If you want to play legit, at your own pace, not be hacked or called a n00b, then SP is where it's at.

All ladder items (except the latest batch of rune words at the annihilus charm) are available in SP. You can create & join MP games. just select TCP/IP game from your start up screen. we have a thread for MP games going on. perhaps not as active as Bnet, but you can usually find a game going on or start one and people will join you.

We have the /players setting. you can type /players 8 (or /players 4 or any number from 1-8) and your SP game will now act as if there are that many players in the game. I.e. in /players 8 games, monsters will have 450% more life, you'll gain 450% more XP and critters will drop as if there were 8 players, but it's just you getting all the loot yourself.

For muling, we have an authorized (by the forum anyway) program called ATMA that allows you to easily switch items between characters outside of the game, as well as creating "stash files" where you can store all your loot. No more having dozens of oddly named mule characters. Muling has never been safer or easier.

This community is the best. whatever yourstyle of play (short of hacking/cheating) will find support here. You can have questions answered about the best gear from your über-l33t hammerdin to best stratagies for defeating Meph with your punching sorceress.

and of course, I'm here.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

That is of course a wonderful reason to play SP and stay around here. We all love HBB.:thumbsup:

11. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Sorta nullifying your other arguments... (J/K, ouch, ouch, hey leave off!)

For me the "pace" argument is "the one".

Build a character, at your own pace, no need to re-activate your account, just play at the speed you want.

I love this game, but as a dad of two and working some 60 hours a week, with a working wife as well, time is at a premium. Logging in to B.net and finding my account has just been wiped? Not an option...

So I'm SP. Occasionally MP with friends or my kids, just take it easy with my chars, relax, and when I've got the time level and MF.

It's the only true path to enlightenment!

12. #endgame

#endgame IncGamers Member

There also seems to be a rare level of maturity around here.

13. HBeachBabe

I'll comment on this after I finish giving LowLander a swirly :lol:

14. chickenhed

I couldnt agree more. Thanks for the great information, guys. However, I have one last question. As was referenced before by another poster, exactly which items cannot be found/made that CAN be made on 1.10 ladder? Will I be missing out on some good runewords or new uniques?

15. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

IMHO, the new runewords are either so ridiculously expensive (three jah's?) that no legit player would EVER be able to make them, or ludicrously overpowered to the point that the game experience would be destroyed.

If you wanted to play with them anyway, there is a mod you could load that would allow you to. You'd have to be careful to keep any characters and items using the mod separate from non-modded items and characters if you ever wanted to MP or trade, but that's easily done with ATMA.

- Noodle

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Absolutly everything that is ladder only is the same on SP, except the new set of 23 runewords (we can get the original 1.10 runewords though) and the diablo clone/anny charm is not available. all else is the same.

17. HBeachBabe

we get all uniques except the annilus charm since the Diablo clone can't spawn in SP. we can make all runewords from the original 1.10 patch, not the new ones just activated on the realms. no loss mostly, as they are overpowered and designed to use up massive duped runes (no one in SP will ever, ever get multiple Jahs/Chams/Bers legitly)

18. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

We can use any of the ladder stuff except for that that specifically says that it is realms only. This would be the last two sets of runewords (everything after Stone on the Arreat Summit runeword page) and the annihilis charm.

Most of the runewords in the newest batch are out of reach anyhow due to the insane rune requirements, so I don't feel like I am missing out. (And Spirit is just stupid unbalanced, stupid I say!)

Edit: I feel so sloooowwwww....

19. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

uhhhhhh....deja vu anyone :cheesy:

20. chickenhed

I agree. I have no urge for those ones anyway. Not like I could ever attain the runes :)

Wonderful and fast replies, everyone. To single player I go!