Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Basic questions:

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Phaethon, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Phaethon

Phaethon IncGamers Member

Some Basic questions:

Hello,

I just joined these forums, and I have a few questions concerning DiabloII LoD:
    1) What is the difference between uber diablo and diablo clone?
    2)How do you spawn any of them?
    3)What are uber baal and uber meph, lilith or uber duriel (not sure about his one)?
    4)Do I have to sell sojs to spawn any of them?
    5)Does MF affect the runes you get when you kill enemies, or just the items?

I could only think of these atm. Most of them are about uber diablo things cause every documentation I find online is like 1 year old!

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

1) Diablo clone:http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=223863
    Uber Diablo (along with the rest of the Ubers):http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=372426
    2) See above.
    3) See #1. It's the second link.
    4) You have to sell SoJs to spawn DC. To spawn the rest of the Uber bosses, read link #2 above.
    5) MF has no effect on rune drops.

That's because the "quest" hasn't changed at all since it came out.
    :thumbsup:

3. Phaethon

I can't connect to that server it says in the DC tutorial..

Now, seriously, why would bnet let everybody not knowing about all that info? I mean, connect to irc, join the channel, then use netstat to find the right server and all that.. it doesn't sound diablo-like..

Anyway, I got this message today saying "x stones of jordan sold to merchants", but I hadn't read the tutorial, so I suppose I missed my chance. But I can't connect to that server either way

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

The IRC server is not part of LOD. It's just something that gamers came up with so they could coordinate their efforts in attempting to spawn Diablo Clone.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The "sold xxx SOJ's to merchants" message does not spawn the clone, it's just a counter.

When that counter reaches a certain point (when enough SOJ's have been sold on a given server) you will see the message "Diablo walks the earth" in gold letters, and the screen will go dark and the earth will shake.

That's your cue that the clone has spawned. From that point the next super unique monster (was it super unique?) that a player in the game encounters will spawn as the Clone.

Even if the clone has spwaned and has been killed, anyone entering that game or a game on that server will see the message, and get the dark screen and earth shaking.

6. Phaethon

I still can't connec to that server! Does anybody know what the problem is?

How could the players set up their server and know everything about diablo clone, in which servers he WILL appear or anything? Only blizzard would know that. And why would they let everybody know about it and possibly grab their charms? And if I get the soj counter, then I try to connect to the right bnet sever, how much time do I have to do all that?
    If I get the soj counter doesn't that mean that DC will spawn in my game? What does the soj counter mean?

One more thing: Does the number of players in a game affect my drops in any way (since the monsters are tougher, so maybe I should be getting better stuff)?

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Blizzard doesn't decide when diablo clone is going to spawn or where he will spawn. Diablo clone spawning is linked to selling sojs. Groups of people get together to sell sojs on the same server to get diablo clone to spawn on that server. The IRC channel is a tool some of these diablo players use.

No one is going to get their charms. They already have their games up password protected when they share the information. They are hoping some other people will create new games on the server and sell a couple sojs on them. Also, they could just be sharing out of the goodness of their hearts. It won't hurt them any, so why not?

If you get the soj counter in a game, then you are on the right server. Stay there. If you are getting the info from an outside source, then you might have a couple minutes or a couple hours.

The soj counter means that someone sold at least one soj in a game on the same server as the one your game is on. If enough people sell sojs on the server, DC will spawn. The soj counter does not mean he will spawn, but it does increase the chances greatly.

I suggest you read Evrae's links (or reread them if you already had read them). All of your above questions should be answered there.

The number of players in the game (and nearby partied players) affects the total number of drops you'll get from monsters. Number of players will not improve the quality of these drops, but more drops means more chances for good drops. (Note: DC will only drop 1 annihilus charm no matter how many people are in the game.)

8. psych

psych IncGamers Member

If the number of players increase, so will the amount of drops from the monsters. This effect increases if you party up and go and kill together.

About the IRC server and the Soj's sold message, I believe the server from the guide won't be up again, depending on what realm you play, you have to search for other ways of getting the information. If you see "Soj's sold..." message and you are in a Hell game it is usually a good idea to wait/play around in that game for half an hour or so. Often people sell sojs together, so they know for sure they will get an annihilus charm, so with some patience you could get the DiabloClone in your game as well.
    However you could also have wasted your time and not gotten anything though. Personally I have waited with my guy in a game for a few days to finally get the charm, but nowadays I don't think it is worth it so much.

edit: obviously owned :)

9. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

assuming of course he is in a hell game. Otherwise he will have to look for a hell game in the same ip

10. Phaethon

I got that message about 2 weeks ago, but I stayed in the game (it was a normal-difficulty one) and no DC appeared for quite a lot of time. Should it have been a hell game?

why won't the server be up again?

11. Gorny

Gorny Banned

The Diablo Clone only spawns in Hell games.

What server?

12. Phaethon

I've been reading a lot of stuff on this site. It's strange to find out that diablo has so much history, and although I used to play back in 1.09 like crazy, I didn't know much about all that.
    1) Why do people doubt that the constricting ring has existed? I remember seeing one too, it was worth like 34 SoJ's at that time, but it was still and affordable item. What about ith's (swords) occy rings and all that? I used to own an ith sword, it did have all these awesome stats, but if people were able to supply the realms with open-bn custom stuff, why wouldn't they make them super-godly (like 100% LL, +200 all res +50000 to life etc)?

2)Are there any secret portals/levels that you can go, except the cow lvl and the uber-baal/meph/diablo thing?
    3)I may be wrong at this, but hadn't the "xx SoJ's sold to Merchants" message appeared before 1.10? I think I may have seen it, but again I may be wrong.
    4)Why do modern PvP players, or at least VERY good PvM players appear not to hold/use anything? (like shoot arrows with their hands and stuff!)

5)I read somewhere that Nihlathak is Mlvl 98. Wouldn't that make him the best MF monster to kill?
    6)Does MF affect the items when gambling?
    7)Do you get better drops when you kill monster quickly? I remember a friend of mine telling me that if you kill mephisto quickly, you'll get better stuff.
    8)What are the best monster for rune-running? (except the Countess)

Thanks!

13. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

1) I don't think anyone doubts the existence of the Constricting Ring, especially when you're talking about 1.09, an era where the Constricting Ring is one of the "tamer" items out there.
    2) Nope.
    3) The DC World Event, as well as SoJs being sold to merchants, started in 1.10.
    4) Strength bug. Basically, they do not have enough strength to hold their items and rely on charms for the needed strength. Their items are equipped normally, but it does not show to other players.
    5) Depends on what you're looking for. :wink3:
    6) No.
    7) No.
    8) Any place where you can mass slaughter many enemies in a short period of time.