Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some avenger questions...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by xlodtraderx, Feb 24, 2004.

1. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

Some avenger questions...

1.) Is an avenger worth making? Can they kill monsters in hell while surviving good?

2.) Are they expensive? THE BEST equiptment for an avenger?

3.) How does vengence work? I read the faq, doesnt tell me much. 1 very important question is...does the +__% take into fact the elemental dmg u have all together (weapons, charms ect.) For example, if i had vengence adding +423% light dmg, and i had a 100 base dmg weapon with 1-200 lightning dmg added, would that 423% multiply itself by the lightning dmg AND the base? So that would bring up the dmg to 423 light + 846 light = 1278 light dmg in total?

My thnx in advance, yes i need to be spoonfed....dont flame plz

2. Syphilis

Syphilis IncGamers Member

1 - they are worth making. big tanks with huge elemental attacks, no ar pb (conviction gives more ar than fanatism ...)
    btw, with conviction, you will have lot's of friends...

2 - they don't need the best equipment.
    guardian angel armor is a must because of the +15 max resist and other mods.
    with 10 points into each synergy, your max fire/cold/lit resists are 95/95/95 (near immunity)
    so is nightsmoke (+10 resist all, no mana pb in hell with low mana cost built, freeing lots of gear slots.) or vuilpine gear.
    just shop a cruel elite 1-handed weapon and you are set.

3 - think of it as "% elemental ED".
    a 100 base dmg weap with 100 str and +200% elem dmg deals 200 physical dmg, 200 lit, 200 cold and 200 fire dmg. then, conviction will allow you to deal even more dmg.
    a 200 weap dmg with +300% elem dmg deals 1800 elemental dmg befor conviction, wich translates into ~2500 elemental dmg/blow to convicted monsters with 1 immunity.

your 1-200 litning is not affected by vendence but conviction. so +elem dmg is not as crucial as pure dmg, but it helps.
    for instance, a sharp grand charm of xxx (+10 max dmg) gives +90 max elem dmg.
    with +15-25 dmg, gore riders gives +135 - 225 elem dmg. this damage is also incresed by conviction.

first, pump single resists auras until 10/10/10 and put 1 point into vengence. pump holy schield for def + blocking.

later, you will have to choose between the low mana cost built and the high mana cost built.

3. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

alright thnx for the response...now the question is whats the BEST gear? Imputs plz...i was thinking this:

Jah shako
    Eth botd zerker
    Chains
    Maras
    Pdiamoned HOZ or eth exile
    Draculs
    2x bk rings
    Trangs belt
    Gore riders

CTA on switch /w lidless

7 Combat charms /w 30+ life
    Annilus
    3max/ar/life charms

Does this sound like very good or excellent avenger equiptment? or ami missing something...

4. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Doesn't seem all that good to me. But that's just me. =/ You are not a zealot, you are not a smiter. You are an avenger. You use elemental attacks to your advantage, and though it strikes slower than zeal and smite, it also does more damage. Think about that.

5. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

You'll need a lot more mana leech I think. Especially if you decide to max vengeance. I'd go with a gaze instead of shako, and maybe soul drainers if I still had mana problems..

6. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Note: you dun have much damage reduction on the gear. If you are tanking, try get more DR, both % and straight dmg reduction.