Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some assistance for new nekkid build

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Drystan, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Some assistance for new nekkid build

Ok, with the completion of InsaneWayne's new naked guardian, I have been tempted to try something similar for fun. While I'm not as insane as Wayne, and less patient, I will have my own skill for damage. I was tossing up between an elemental druid, and a duel element sorc. I've chosen to create Avaron, a charged bolt/firewall sorc, both difficult and rarely used skills.
    I honestly don't think this is viable in hell, and find it pretty fun trying to push through. I want to get her to hell though, so my aim is NM Baal.
    Now in regards to Wayne's amazon, as I lose the massive tank (Valkyrie,) I will rely on her own attack. As charged bolt does low damage with multiple bolts, I'll have to get close into the battle (which is why charged bolt) to do a lot of damage.
    I'm wondering if she should be allowed to hold charms. I would like to, but I'd like to know your opinion.

Also, I'd like to know if you think this type of char will be able to make it to NM Baal.
    Also, any rules/guidelines I should use. I already have the no S&E and a few others, but any opinion (cept for telling me it has NO chance, unless you know for a FACT) is welcome.

Thanks,
    Drystan :thumbsup:

2. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I'd think that charms would be ok but I'm no expert on these naked builds. I think with patience(and plenty of tp's) she will make NM baal, who knows maybe even A1 hell.

3. Krikke

Krikke IncGamers Member

Sure you can use charms.

Do whatever seems the most fun for you!

4. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

make an naked enchantress :rolleyes:

~Peaceout

5. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Fire Wall is a powerful skill, but you need a good tank (or be a good tank yourself, which you probably won´t be without a shield!) and use the terrain when you can (the River of Flame bonus areras in act 5 are perfect for FW!). In a pinch, against melee monsters it is possible to cast a FW to the side of you, then teleport from one FW end to the other while the monsters run back and forth in the FW. Hard and inefficient, but possible.

Charged Bolt is a very bad skill choice for a naked build. Like you said, you need to stay close to the enemies to be effective (and that skill really needs plenty of Faster Cast gear to work well). Lightning and/or Chain Lightning would be a better skill choice.

But I still think it´s possible to make it though NM (on a low /players setting).

6. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

When I made a FW sorc ages ago, I'd just click directly to side of me (90degrees from the monster) and then run back along that, have them follow that. I used to be ok at that, but it takes a while to learn well.
    I actually found that it was Very effective.

That's exactly why I chose CB. It's a difficult skill to use, and requires close range. I don't want a skill where I just sit back, let my tank there and cast away. It's pretty fun atm.

Anyway, Avaron is level 18 about, already had about 3 NDE's! (I've so gotta learn some better positioning.) One was actually an archer boss pack, which I didn't realise was a boss. :/ But once I get a melee merc I think it'll be slightly easier. She's absolutely awesome at the moment now. Lvl 18 CB, LOTSA bolts flying everywhere, and up to the outer cloister. All players 8 until she gets stuck.

@zarfen
    I did think about that, until I realised how funny that would be. Punching with no armour and no weapon, only using enchant? GL :smiley:

I've decided to use charms, but there's not a lot that can help her. Life/mana/resists. Quite hard to get a lot of good charms untwinked. We'll see though.

7. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

I played a naked WereBear (Barebear) for a while. I asked siege for advice since she was playing a lot a naked characters at the time. I decided that you could carry anything in your inventory area, but have nothing equipped. Siege told me about a command called (I think, someone please confirm this)
    /nopickup (or maybe it's /no pickup)

that let's you play without accidently equipping stuff. You have to open you inventory to pick up stuff.

Jude

8. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

/nopickup is correct. It has nothing to do with opening your inventory though, you have to hold the alt key to bring up the item labels and then click on them to pick them up.

9. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Thanks for the clarification, jjscud! It's been a while since I used it, and only with that one character. Do you have to reenable it every time you start the game again? Also, does it only affact the character that you type it for, or if you switch characters without restarting the game, does it affect that character, too?

It really is handy, though. Otherwise, it's difficult to keep your character naked because if you pick up some type of item that you don't have equipped, it will automatically equip (if you character can use it) without any confirmation.

Jude

10. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

It works just like the /players command. You have to enable it every time you launch D2 but not when you switch characters.

Just for random info, I do use this for my naked necro but i find it especially useful for Baal running with high lvl chars. There's nothing worse than clicking to move out of the way of the next wave, hitting an object and having your toon tell you that your stash is full while Baal tosses a pile of minions on your head.