Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Assassin Questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by chickenhed, Jul 1, 2005.

1. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

Some Assassin Questions

Well mainly one question really. I'm really enjoying my Dralon/trapper right now. Dtalon is really quite powerful and being able to blow people up with death sentry is just fun. Anyhoo since I am getting really lucky and finding a jade talon and shadow killer doing hell baal runs with my necro, the thought of making a dragon claw assassin is really starting to appeal to me.

I was thinking of something along these lines:
    DC -20
    Claw mastery - 20
    Venom - 20
    Death sentry (for crowd killing) -20
    rest in shadow master.

Now for my question. Does Dragon claw do enough damage in hell to make it viable? or is it just a royal pain in the butt to kill monsters with it? Dtalon (with upped gore riders) is proving plenty strong enough. But is DC?

2. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I'm gonna play pretty much the exact same build for my sept and I expect it to work pretty well. Well, almost everything with 20 in Death Sentry will pwn. Don't forget one point in CoS. Personally I am not going to put point in shadowmaster because I hate her. You will probably not need to max claw mastery, btw. The damage it adds is pretty low and DC adds more than enough AR. I think I'm gonna max lightning sentry because that gives me a decent hybrid. A few points will go to weapon block as well.

Itemwise I'm gonna use 2 Shadow Killers for DC and 2 Bartucs for the traps and to cast burst of speed.

3. chickenhed

chickenhed IncGamers Member

Ah yes. Great Ideas. I, too, am starting to dislike the shadowmaster myself. i just spam cast her on bosses. but even doing that is getting tiresome.

I only have one shadow killer though, and unfortuneately its a low ED one as well (183%). Great idea with LS as a backup hybrid. Do you have a reccomondation as to which skills I should max first? I was mainly thinking DC, then either venom or CM. But when should DS or LS fit in?

4. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Don't take my word for this, but you should leave LM (except the first point you put in as pre-req of course) for the very last. It's meant for ranged supplementing, right?

BTW since when have DC assassins stopped investing in Tiger Strike?