Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Some Advice Please

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by GunBunny, Jul 2, 2005.

1. GunBunny

GunBunny IncGamers Member

Some Advice Please

ok, I have not played much since 1.09d and am unfamiliar with new builds for 1.10. I tried playing my normal build with orb and a lil hydra but most of the replies I am getting are more along the lines of "What the....?"

I am going to make a new sorccy, she is going to be a lightning/fire chick. She is going to be 100% untwinked considering I am playing single player HC. (I am surrently dtationes in Iraq so internet and time are really limited.)

Can you guys give me some sound advice on building a good PvM char? As far as what stats and skills to invest in. Any help would be great.

Also, any good zon builds to think about?

2. tinncann25

tinncann25 IncGamers Member

fire > meteor (since it will be nearly impossible to get good damage on fb)
    meteor/fire mastery or fire ball​

light > lightning/chain (max lightning/chain/light mastery

this build will take a lot of points so it is usually better to build double tree sorc builds with one of the trees being orb

as for stats str enough for gear, dex...if u want block prolly no here, vit everything, ene at most 100 pnts

3. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

o_O

Point into Energy ?

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

If you're dead set on fire/light I'm going to recommend:
    20 lightning
    20 chain lightning
    20 lightning mastery
    20 firewall or hydra
    1 fire mastery
    1 teleport/warmth/static
    dump rest into fire mastery

Now, I've never played firewall or hydra in 1.10 so I'm not sure if it'll work well or not, but I have played a sork with CL/L/LM with fairly minimal gear and she was just getting by in hell with the non-LI monsters... I don't think there's any lightning you could use as the secondary skill. From there I don't think meteor (the most commonly used fire skill) is really usable without max FM and without any synergies so that's resulting in me recommending skills that I really have no experience with. I've also never seen a fire/light sork in .10 so I can't even speak with second hand experience.

However 2 hybrids that I know do work (or at least I assume the work because I see them with something resembly regularity) are:
    20 meteor or cl
    20 fireball or lightning
    20 fm or lm
    20 orb
    1 cm
    1 port/warmth/static
    rest into cm

Personally I still wouldn't play hybrid, but you seem set on that at least and I know that it does work so I won't try to convince you of any other builds.

As for stats, the following is pretty standard amongst all hc classes:
    str for gear
    dex for block
    base energy
    rest vit

The dex is questionable - 2hers obviously don't block, summoners have so many minions that it doesn't matter if they block or not, but I'd guess 80% of players prefer block to vit on their sorks. Some still swear by vit, but not very many.
    The energy on the other hand should stay base. Period. Unless you're playing a sork with 95% es energy just isn't worth it. Cube as many charms as you can, gamble as many rings as you can, use p.saphirres if you must, but any point in energy is potentially a wasted point.

An easy untwinked zon build is something like:
    20 lightning fury
    20 freezing arrow (the level 30 one.. can't remember if it's that or not)
    20 the synergy for the level 30 freezing arrow thing that adds damage and not freeze duration
    As much pierce chance as you can get
    rest into either valk or charged strike

High valk will make general play much easier, high charged strike will make boss killing much easier.

5. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Too late to edit: I meant,

o_O

100 points into energy ?

---

Use of Mana Pots and Insight being available that early (even when untwinked) means any stat points that might've gone to energy is better spent elsewhere.

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Untwinked hybrids are generally hopeless endeavors, depending on your definition of untwinked, and Sorc hybrids without Orb as one of their main skills tend to be especially difficult to pull off. The only Sorc hybrids I would bother with would be Orb with one of the following: Fireball, Meteor, Chain Lightning, or Charged Bolt. With each build the general strategy is to max Orb and get Cold Mastery close to slvl 17 with +skills, then get as much damage out of your other elemental damage as possible; Energy Shield is not needed or recommended.

I've actually gotten a single player Orb/Fireball Sorc to Guardianship and lvl 87, and I used my experience with her to build my current lvl 92 Orb/Fireball Sorc on HCLadder. The only part of the game she had trouble with was Hell Ancients.