Solo Uber Hunters

rukz

Diabloii.Net Member
Solo Uber Hunters

Hi for all you solo Uber Hunters out there are there any of you that have tried both Smite/Zeal Paladin and Frenzy Barbarian? If so, which do you find works best? Assume equipment is not an issue with both ie greif, fort, ebotdz, death, dracs, gore, etc..

Also if there if there are people that have only the paladin or the barb state your experience in uber hunting here. I want to make an Uber hunter and would prefer to make the freny barb as myfriends all have zealer/smiters and I like to be different but am still undecided. I have a level 80 light/infinity sorc to do key runs but don't have a char to actually kill the ubers.

Thanks,

rukz

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
If gear is not an option, both builds work fine. I pretty paladin myself since I don't have to worry about AR when using smite.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi for all you solo Uber Hunters out there are there any of you that have tried both Smite/Zeal Paladin and Frenzy Barbarian? If so, which do you find works best? Assume equipment is not an issue with both ie greif, fort, ebotdz, death, dracs, gore, etc..

Also if there if there are people that have only the paladin or the barb state your experience in uber hunting here. I want to make an Uber hunter and would prefer to make the freny barb as myfriends all have zealer/smiters and I like to be different but am still undecided. I have a level 80 light/infinity sorc to do key runs but don't have a char to actually kill the ubers.

Thanks,

rukz

My experience is unrelated, but may be helpful nontheless - I built a Vanquisher (combo smite/hammer pally), and he totally owns the ubers. Individually, a pure smiter could probably take the ubers themselves down faster, but the way I built my Vanq, he can not only do anything a normal hammerdin could do, but he can also with a five-peice gear switch take down all of uber trist in two minutes solo. First thirty seconds is Meph going down, then I tank Diablo and Baal. Hammers take care of minions that get annoying, like ghosts, only takes one or two then I'm back to smiting.

PeeZed

Diabloii.Net Member
I liked my Frenzy Barb. He was great for keyrunning without Enigma just using Jump attack to clear any packs and a couple of hits to run at stupid speeds.
Unfortunately I deleted him and have just about got version 2 back up and running, will be trying a Uber run just as soon as I get the keys. I think the Frenzy Barb can be built a little cheaper so as a fairly poor player I like that route.

pliu

Banned
smite paladin can be more cheaper. a pair of Drac and >=33% CB = died ubers. And key runer not necessary to be the same of uber hunter. You can use Fishermance for key runs.

AnimeCraze

Diabloii.Net Member
Or even use a fishy at ubers. From what I have heard, all 7 classes can do ubers (although the sorc was a "bit" difficult).

RequiemDeath

Diabloii.Net Member
Or even use a fishy at ubers. From what I have heard, all 7 classes can do ubers (although the sorc was a "bit" difficult).
I've not seen a druid do it, or a zon for that matter, but it seems like either would be possible... However, a sorc I'd love to see...

*Requiem_Death

yoshiurae

Diabloii.Net Member
I would love to see druid/amazon do ubers.And as you said Requiem it is possible if you have the crushing blow.I :heart: crushing blow.LOL.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, you've got a Ribcracker using Fury wolf that can do it, it's been done.

A Jabber 'zon can do it, essentially the same as other melee, with heaps of resists, CB and Life Tap.

I personally just use my Zealot. I use him for the Organ runs and the ubers themselves.

I find a Zealot much more versatile than a pure Smiter. Sure, I use a 1-point Smite against bosses, but Zeal's faster hits and higher damage (around 11k-12k on critical, 83% (DS%) of the time) do me much better everywhere else. I still have 50% CB, Life Tap via Dracul's and 35% OW.

I don't even need Life Tap to leech to full life each hit on normal monsters. Life Tap is just icing on the cake.