Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Solo Sorc Skills Progression Help?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Wroogny, May 9, 2018.

1. Wroogny

Wroogny Diabloii.Net Member

Hey all, I've been leveling a Sorceress in Single Player and was wondering what's the most efficient skill setup as I level? I just hit Normal A5 and I'm at level 25, and its pretty rough. The way I always thought, it was go Charged Bolt until level 13, then respec to 7 Static, 1 Frost Nova, 1 Teleport, and the rest into Lightning Nova, maybe sparing a point or two into Frost Armor and Warmth. As far as gear, i've got a 2os small shield with 2 P Diamonds (farmed gem shrines for hours XD), a cap with two Tir runes, a Stealth in a hard leather armor, two 10 FCR rings and a 10 FCR wand, and that's basically it. Oh I also have a broadsword for a Spirit once I get the runes.

I'm pretty sure I can go through the rest of Normal with Nova, but I'm just wondering what's the best way to do skills once I start going through Nightmare and Hell. Thanks!

P.S. I've pretty much just been watching people do Hell speedruns and trying to copy that. Not sure if its effective yet.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

Level 25 is a bit early for act5, at this stage i would use /players8 command and run the tombs in act 2 and maybe some areas in act4 untill i reach level 30 and change her to frozen orb/fireball&meteor (don't forget 1 point is static, tele, etc)

3. Pijus

Pijus Diabloii.Net Member

I usually just pump whatever my main skill will be, or if that's not available, pump synergies. Also, a broadsword from normal can't get 4 sockets, I don't think.

Your gear sounds good. I'd kill Eldrich The Rectifier until you hit level 30, and then you have all the skills available, should be smooth sailing from there.

4. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Welcome to the SPF.

Please read the rules. The mod you mentioned is not allowed here, so your post is edited.

5. Wroogny

Wroogny Diabloii.Net Member

I think ilvl 25+ broadswords can get 4 sockets from the quest, and merchants from norm act 3 sell at ilvl 28 i think? not sure if they can sell a white broadsword though.
    Apologies! I fixed it <3

Also, I ended up just grabbing a Crystal Sword from Normal Cows. That makes a 4os from socket quest.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  6. BKC

BKC Diabloii.Net Member

if this is your very first character please just play the game and enjoy the things you encounter :) hell based speedruns is a totally different ball game if you catch my drift. I second the choice for meteorb (meteor, frozen orb fireball) it is the same as my current level 93 sorc and i can kill any character in the game on both /players 1 as /players 8.

Do roam around the stickies, explore the arreat summit (google :)) explore the stickies for builds, explore gambling, crafting and shopping.

For now i would hit the tombs in act 2 (on /p8 if you can handle it otherwise put it lower).

Save your last respec (hell act 1 until you have explored the game and found what you like to play) :)

drmalawi likes this.
  7. Locohead

Locohead Diabloii.Net Member

I always start out maining Fireball, because it's easy to shop a +2 or +3 2os Fireball staff, insert Tir+Ral found from Countess or elsewhere to make Leaf, and have a pretty strong Fireball main until I get to L30. At that point (having saved 2 additional points and also gotten prereqs for FOrb) at L30 I will spend 3 points to get FOrb + CMast + FMast. Getting the 1 point in FMast gives a nice boost to Fireball along with the Leaf staff, and then I just max out FOrb, pretty quickly switching to main FOrb and have FBall as secondary.

BKC likes this.