Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

solo cow build, occassionally in p8

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Superhal, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

solo cow build, occassionally in p8

i've got a marrowwalks pnb necro at the moment, who has got power to spare. i'm thinking about using him for cow runs. has anybody tried CE in p8 cows? how is it?

2. richo

richo IncGamers Member

you dont wanna know with a summon/CE thats just TO GOOD!!!

a javazone can suck a point on that~~, it is mass killer with AMP on cows
    wich is more then godly if you kill like 10 cows in 1 time

look the fishymancer for more info

rgzzz
    RICHO

3. Superhal

so amp + CE on p8 rocks?

4. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

ive always heard how good it was but ive never been REALLY impressed in player 8 cows, i thought it was actually kind of slow (dont kill me)

5. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

it is terribly slow. not sure about the calculations (someone already did them here a while back) but iirc it takes about 8-10 ce's to kill a full health cow. thats a lot of initial corpses to even bother

6. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Any skill kills slow in 8player games really..but CE/ amp is still one of the better combos to use imho. In large games you will need to drop more than a few corpses before sploding however, so keep that in mind and try not to get too trigger happy ;)

From my xp in larger games while soloing, ( mostly in pubby "pk me u idiot" games ) you need to play smarter and have more patience. Good luck and have fun.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

People are under the silly impression that CE is nerfed by having more players. Pure poppycock. How many hit points do base Hell Cows have? I'm guessing at least 20,000 since that's what some of the tougher monsters in Hell supposedly get up to. When you explode a cow corpse, that's 60-100% of 20K. That's 12,000-20,000 points of damage hitting perfectly across a radius that can be as big as the screen. With Amp damage the physical portion is doubled. Since CE is half fire half physical, that's 60-100% for the physical alone with another 30-50 from fire for 90-150% damage or 18,000-30,000 points of damage. I don't know where to go for accurate cow stats but I'll bet they have physical resists so the damage is probably lower than that, but name one attack skill that can hit all enemies, doing that kind of damage in that wide of a radius repeatedly.

So, yes, with 8-Players CE takes longer to kill cows. As long as any other class ability once enough bodies are present? I don't think so. In an 8-Player game with a necro, seven should focus on the same cows so the Necro can CE until the rest are dead. And then everyone can run out and herd more cows to the pile. A lightning Javazon and a Necro would probably make a great combo in an 8-player cow game.

It's always worth CEing whenever you get the chance.

8. Superhal

i tried it. "pathetic" is a good way to describe it, p1. took 4-6 corpses to take out one healthy cow, without curses (i was using confuse to group them.)

9. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Attract is better for grouping. Then amp em. Be sure to amp.

-Gix

10. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Attract and Amp stack. Those CEs are still doing a heck of a lot more damage than your Bone skills will. You're going to have to alternate between hitting them with your PNB stuff and CEing until there are enough bodies to take them all out. And yes, it IS 8-Player. They are going to have a crapload of HP. Nothing kills cows fast at that level if you're soloing but the crowd controls curses give you an edge that no other class has and one CE will do a heck of a lot more damage than bonespear.

11. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

Iknow Amp is the best cures to use with CE damage wise, but......

If he is gonna do mostly solo with a PnB Necro that means his Merc has to do all the tanking, and by the time the merc is strong enough to tank cows this whole question is moot.

I suggest Decrepify and CE. Since you have to wait for a few to die to get the CE rolling Decrepify can really help a Merc live long and prosper.

besides, once you get some corpes on th ground and you start the Booming, the difference between killing in 3 or 5 CE's is really null.