Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

solo c/c pvm sin

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by nckswt, Mar 31, 2004.

1. nckswt

nckswt IncGamers Member

solo c/c pvm sin

Im just building a solo c/c pvm assassin right now, and i was wondering, since phoenix strike only uses one claw, should i max another skill, such as claws of thunder, as my main instead and use ps only when i find lightning immunes? im gonna max both of them for the synergy bonuses anyway, but i need to know whether using cot with both claws is better than ps with only 1 claw. I'm gonna use dragon claw, of course, as my finisher, unless somehow dragon tail would be better, but im going for massive claw damage, not kick.

2. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

From my short experience with PS and its synergies, I dont recommend u CoT as ur main killer .. is a good backup attack against PI , but 2 slow to kill with it alone , taking into account that u want to use it alwasy with the 3rd charge ,is the best coz the effects of the other revious 2 charges are accumulative ... but is kinda slow to get to 3rd charge and it kills slowly compared to other primary martial arts killers ... is my impression though ... if u are skilled controlling the charges of PS , i would use the seond charge of PS instead , i find myself doing it almost all time lately ... is very spectaular in screen and it devastates all ... CoT is very good skill anyways by itself and easier to control, but not a main killer thast for sure

3. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

CoT is a great skill for dual-claw. C/C it's got the following advantages over PS:

-It strikes with both claws--potentially doubling your weapon damage. This also decreases your chance of whiffing totally with each attack.

-If both claws hit it accumulates 2 charges, often making it a quicker release than the second charge of PS.

-It causes more raw damage than PS. Also The release target gets hit with both the first and second charges. (If you accumulate all 3 charges, you'll get all three effects. However it's coded in such a way that monsters hit by the Nova wont be affected by the Charged Bolts.)

-It's an easier release. You don't have to worry about dropping a Meteor on a fire-immune accidentally.

PS has it's advantages though:

-Versatility. Nothing is immune to all 3 charges.
    -Eye candy. CoT looks good, but PS is the coolest visual in the game.
    -Spread. Especially with the 2nd and 3rd charges. The 2nd also gives the possiblity of hitting targets more than once.
    -The freeze time of the 3rd charge. Although if you're maxing both for the synergy, you'll have the same freeze time available.

Over all, for your build, I think CoT will be better. This is especially true if you've got good claw damage. And like you said, you'll still have access to a decent PS.

Which one will be more fun is different question though.

4. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

mmm I'm gonna give it a try BIGeyedBUG .. i was using CoT only with my Dtail / TS sin for the fire inmunes (and had also PS maxed) with my current Phoenix sin i almost havent tried it ...

5. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's definitely worth trying. The only thing I would warn you about is to use it dual-claw. If you're claw/shield CoT won't have all the perks I was talking about.

One last cool thing about CoT that I should have put in my list: Everybody and their mother isn't using it. :thumbsup:

6. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Well actually in europe realm i never see an assa in public games using Phoenix strike ... all are traps , ww pvpers just leveling and some random Dtail / TS sin .. hehe but yes CoT is rarer :D