Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Solar Creeper?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by PeterWiggins, Feb 11, 2004.

1. PeterWiggins

PeterWiggins IncGamers Member

Solar Creeper?

This may be newb question but this is my first elementalist druid (wind).
    Does solar creeper recover % of your mana or % of enemy life as mana? Arreat summit is not clear and my low level tests (from helm) are inconclusive. Also, is it worth a pt? thx.

2. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

its not worth it

mana potion will get u mana faster and u get more

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

As Tor says, it isn't worth it, but I think it does a percentage of your mana bulb, as opposed to corpse life.

Not sure on that 100%.

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Hmm I never really thought about it, good question.
    Anyone else know?

5. Heartless_Lich

Heartless_Lich IncGamers Member

Solar Creeper is my best friend o_o. The reason why is because yes, that 3% it may say is 3% of your mana. So as you're fighting and lets say you have around 1500 mana, you'll get...uh [EDIT] 45 Mana per corpse (gogo calculators :worship: )

Besides, if you're a pure fire druid who can't afford frosties and/or a wizardspike, Solar Creeper's are great to have. Mind you, the points an elementalist without Solar Creeper or a + %max mana item will most likely be putting points into Energy.

I used to never get a Solar Creeper with some of the past druids I've made. My first elementalist was uber poor *pretty much 90% Untwinked* and so was my second. But with solar creeper and nrg, my second had a LOT less problems than the first with 90 Base Nrg and no point into Solar Creeper.

So yeah, IMO you should try it out sometimes. For now, the +solar creeper helm will do ;), and later in hell you'll have enough mana to support you (hopefully).

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

it trully is the case that there is no druid skill that is useless at any point in norm-hell. other classes have darn useless skills, but they are so overpowered in a few of them it doesnt really mean much. (find potion, weaken, why 3 cold armours for a sorc who doesnt engage melee in 98% of builds?, blessed aim with a char that has min of 6k AR untwinked, 2-3 warcries...etc...)
    try mana burn boss, oh so freakin common. creeper will keep you firing away as it plods along chucking you mana. or AB, ab at first sux without solar.

(spirit of the barbs is only skill i wont use, but some people like it as a tank, so it wins out in that aspect)

7. prion

prion IncGamers Member

it used to help my huntermentalist alot. trying on a pure caster now. not sure about it yet.

8. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I think it is useful except for one problem. It works for you so long as it lives. If it dies alot then its useless to you.

That brings 3 questions.

Is it vital to your build or just an add on?

If its just an add on why not save 3 skill points and just drink a pot?

If it is vital can you keep it alive?