Solar Creeper & Carrion Vine

xNamastex

Diabloii.Net Member
Solar Creeper & Carrion Vine

If you have either of these 2 vines at lvl 15 to 20 (with all your + skills gear), how effective is the life or mana recovery from corpses? I was thinking that 5% recovery from a 5000 life monster is quite nice but I'm not sure how it really works in game.

Does it also work on other party members or mercs?

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Solar Creeper & Carrion Vine

I think it only works for your character. And it's of your hp, not the monsters. They suffer from harsh diminishing returns on how much they heal. I think solar creeper healed 6% of your mana from like lvl 12-20 or something. Not sure if it can get higher. Don't know about carrion vine either.

dryzalizer

Diabloii.Net Member

I used carrion vine at ~lvl 15 on a fury druid back in 1.09, and it was awesome. I'm pretty sure it was 5% of monster HP, but even if its yours, still great. Gets rid of corpses so they can't be resurrected, removes the need for life leech equipment, hardly ever gets killed. I don't know if it has been nerfed in 1.11, and skill points are tighter so I get the feeling people don't use it as much any more. Sorry I can't give any up-to-date info.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member

It's your HP and they're both 1 point wonders.

It's NOT a replacement for leech. Leech is used During battles, vines clean up after.

They die as often as any other summon since they hang around you or jump into the middle of a mob to get that corpse. They're good in their own right but not game breaking.

Metathrom

Diabloii.Net Member

They're really worth a point for any druid build IMO, but, as Verashiden said, not exactly game breaking. Carrion Vine is my favorite of them two: its life leech can make you relatively immune to poison in PvM, as long as there are corpses nearby. It can also replenish your health to full status after battles in a matter of seconds.

It doesn't replace leech, as it has been said, but it can help you against the undead: since most of them are unleechable, your vine can help your survivability quite a bit against them, as it eats their corpses.

xNamastex

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. Now I can't decide what to use for my PvM Windy (life or mana?). I'm leaning toward solar as I don't usually have life issues with my Windy in PVM.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

In hell, you may have a hard time surviving. Maybe not against elemental attacks, but against physical. Remember that if you use solar creeper at end-game, you can sill put a point into carrion vine, since its a pre-req. But if you use carrion, and put a point into solar, that point is wasted. You can experiment a bit with a pelt that gives + to solar