Soj

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need more than one thread for the same question, and hell andy is prob your best bet. And i suggest about 90-100 mf so you find rares and unique rings at the same time, you can find some decent rares.

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
Still-Xey-Lover said:
You don't need more than one thread for the same question, and hell andy is prob your best bet. And i suggest about 90-100 mf so you find rares and unique rings at the same time, you can find some decent rares.

thanks for advice, first thread errored when i sent, that is why i wrote another didnt think 1st one got through

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
Still-Xey-Lover said:
Only 100 mf? When you add mf both the chances of finding a uniqe and finding a rare go up, so why wouldn't it be better to add as much mf as you can, but not sacrificing survivability?

Still-Xey-Lover

Diabloii.Net Member
W/E have fun with all those worthless manalds/nagels while getting set items/worthless uniques. I may still be fairly new to classic, but i have run andy a lot. I would also try doing andy in public games where theres more people. Only do that if you can handle your sorc well though, or else you will more than likely die. It takes more time and more skill but i think it can be worth it.

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks

thanks for all the advice on soj, can some explain nightsmoke belt i found last night it says 50% damage goes to mana is this from melee attack only or from missile aswell

Locke07

Diabloii.Net Member
thorsa said:
thanks for all the advice on soj, can some explain nightsmoke belt i found last night it says 50% damage goes to mana is this from melee attack only or from missile aswell
I believe that is from any attack, magic, mele, missle all of them account, but I am to lazy to make sure I am right (if not someone else will correct me). Meaning that anytime somthing does damage to you 50% or half of that damage goes to your mana instead of you life. It works like an energy shield. Though that would mean open wounds, and poison will affect your life only.

BSU

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC, %damage goes to mana means that none of the attack is deflected/negated, but a % of the attack damage is added to your mana.

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
BSU said:
IIRC, %damage goes to mana means that none of the attack is deflected/negated, but a % of the attack damage is added to your mana.

so let me get this right if i get hit for 100 hp it takes 100 health and gives me 50 to mana, as oppesed to taking 50 health and 50 mana

BSU

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortality said:
You are Correct. Its better to ditch the Nightsmoke and find something with better res and most immportantly some fhr.
Unless you need lots of mana and have lots of health (hammerdin maybe). This is calculated after energy shield though, so it would only help with lower level energy shields.

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
dantheman5415 said:
People say NM andy is the best for dropping soj, but I've found 4 sojs off hell andy and none off nm heh

how much magic find you using i still havent found one, ive found lots of nagald manald but still no soj

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
dantheman5415 said:
People say NM andy is the best for dropping soj, but I've found 4 sojs off hell andy and none off nm heh
well in classic nm andy cant drop soj, as the mlvl needed to drop soj is 39, and nm andy is only lvl 37 :(

Hell andy or just playing the game is probably your best bet for finding one.

Fred