Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SoJ sold to merchants

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by ZachLap, May 12, 2008.

1. ZachLap

ZachLap IncGamers Member

SoJ sold to merchants

How many soj's have to be sold or whatever til Diablo walks the earth ???

2. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

Re: SoJ sold to merchants

Random really, some people say between 50 and 100 or something, I might be wrong here though. It's more of how close together the SoJs are being sold. Like if you're on a server and you sell one every day, I doubt DC would spawn very soon, but if you sell a bunch of them in 30 seconds to a minute then he'll probably come out.

3. Chosen

Chosen IncGamers Member

I was in a game and I saw the "# sold to merchants" about eight times and then I saw "Diablo walks the earth". At the time I was a Diablo noob who had just started playing...I was in act 3, walked through a door and...BOOM I'm gettting attacked by Diablo....SCARED the living S*&T out of me as I didn't know what "Diablo walks the Earth" meant at the time.

It took me about 6 minutes to kill him with my Zealot As I remember the only way I could kill kim was I had the "open wounds" on the scepter I was using and I had crushing blow. with life tap from Draculs grasp gloves.

:grin:

4. mjkittredge

mjkittredge IncGamers Member

Prevent monster heal works wonders against him, his regen is extremely fast. Also having a wand on switch with amp damage (or lower resist if you use elemental damage) can speed things up a lot.

I found him a few times by the first waypoint in act V

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Since when does PMH work on him? Open Wounds and Poison Damage will stop regeneration while they do damage.

6. ZachLap

ZachLap IncGamers Member

Ok well then, why would people Get rid of their SoJ's ?? anyways

7. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

It is a random number of sojs that will cause dclone to spawn. It's my understanding that it's between 75 and 120, but my numbers might be off. I am positive that TT's mistaken in thinking how quickly the sojs are sold matters any more than is obvious. If it takes 50 days to sell 50 sojs, then it will take 50 days to pop.

I believe that most selling of sojs now is done in a coordinated effort. If 10 people each get 5 characters in different games on the same server, then selling 7-12 sojs each will likely turn a profit. Also note that that ladder games and nonladder games are hosted on the same servers, so you could sell 70 SoJs on nonladder to get 50 ladder annihiluses.

8. mjkittredge

If you sell an SOJ to a merchant, can't you just buy it back and resell it??

9. TurbulentTurtle

Common misconception.
    It disappears.

Ah there we go, looks like I haven't read enough of DC hunting guides and what not.

10. mjkittredge

Wow. It DISSAPEARS when sold??? That is evil! What a terrible waste. Annilus charm is good, but umpteen SOJs sacrificed for a chance at one?

I think I'm missing some important detail that makes it all make sense. Does reaching the critical number of SOJs sold release multiple Dclones into multiple games randomly or something? Very confusing.

11. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

When the amount of sojs sold on a certain server reaches a certain amount, then in all games on said server dclone spawns.

You can also sell the soj in non-ladder games and make the dclone spawn on that server (this means the ladder games on said server will also have dclone pop).

This means that if you turn in a 100 sojs on non ladder (where they are worth a lot less) you can get a dclone in ALL games on that server on ladder! That's where the profit is.

12. aishilee

aishilee IncGamers Member

These methods of summoning Dclone is for the rich.

took me 4years to get only 7 self found Sojs and i am not going to sell it to akara.. not even 1. lol. I would rather trade HRs for the annis straight..

13. Mcwhopper

Mcwhopper IncGamers Member

It's done with duped sojs on non-ladder. That's why it's actually profitable.

14. PanteraRIP

PanteraRIP IncGamers Member

I have only seen this message once in nearly 2 months of religious leveling. I bet back in the day when 1.11 was first released it happened all the time but now it will rarely happen and if it does, it's probably from one group who are seeking the DC so the sales of SOJ are done on purpose.

15. TurbulentTurtle

It actually was released in 1.10 I think, when all the new crap was happening anyway. It was Blizzard's idea to get rid of all the duped SoJs on the realms. They initially showed an in-game screenshot of xxx number of Stones of Jordans sold to merchants just to keep people speculating.

16. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

If i ever get these messages they display numbers in the order of thousands, not even dozens.

I left a mule to perm for the night (in Normal) and I saw something like:

1xxx SoJ sold to merchants

and that was all, I know Diablo will not walk on normal... so... no point.

But why the message says thousands or hundreds when ppl actually sell dozens?

17. Lunarhammer

Lunarhammer IncGamers Member

the d clone is probably the only reason why I still come on to d2, its just so awesome. back in the day I had 1 game set up d clone popped up and I got my anni, next game I made, another d clone popped up and another anni. Hes so ez to kill but its just a great ideal what blizzard did there.

18. mjkittredge

Kind of ironic, Blizzard meant to reduce duped items, but instead they created a great reason to make more.