Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SOJ sites: NM Andy, Norm Diablo?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lpblasch, Oct 4, 2006.

1. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

SOJ sites: NM Andy, Norm Diablo?

I have lost the original source, but sometime in the past I wrote down that Nightmare Andy and Normal Diablo are the two best sites for trying to pick up an SOJ. I've NEVER found one in the past, and my mana-drinking chars could sure use one.
    Right now I have a nice NM map for Andy and am willing to spend some time here, but I'd like to hear some confirmation before I invest the time.

2. San

San IncGamers Member

Yep. NM Andy is the easiest source for SoJs, in comparison that is. It can take hundreds of runs to get one.

3. skunkbelly

skunkbelly IncGamers Member

Or if you have Skunk Luck, you could run her a thousand times and not see one :rant:

4. Arreat_mercenary

Arreat_mercenary IncGamers Member

My one and only one SoJ came from NM Meph, but if you are searching for the highest possibility, yes, NM Andy has the hightest possibility to drop one.

Also Andariel can be brought down really quick with fire attacks, so there is a good spot for fire sorcs.

5. nepeta

nepeta IncGamers Member

May I suggest you run Hell Mephisto? He drops more by-catch, is just about as easy as NM Andariel and, SoJs aren't really necessary. My casters often use rare rings with mana/fcr and other mods, although I've got about 8 SoJs. Unless you've got crap gear or no skillers, you won't need the extra +2 skills, for most casters are powerfull enough on their own.

6. lpblasch

Oh, man....EIGHT??????
    Well, I'm building a Frost Zealot using the Kitriara guide, and he seems pretty strong at P8 with an Act 1 Rogue helping out, so maybe I'll invest a few Andy runs.
    I know, I know... if you're looking for a specific thing, be prepared to be disappointed. Still, here's how little I know about statistics and probability: I believe that since I haven't found one in three years of play, somehow my computer KNOWS that and will drop one shortly. Failing that, I plan to click the heels of my ruby slippers and chant to OZ:rolleyes:

7. Sinningthings

Sinningthings IncGamers Member

I have an amazingly short map to Andy and have farmed her mercilessly for several hundred runs with my zelladon (player 8, 300MF). No SOJ, but some other interesting stuff including a nice holy water sprinkler.
    It might be worth a bunch-o-runs just to see what ya get.

8. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

Don't let Corrupted see you complaining about a mere thousand runs.

NM Andariel is indeed the best source... although my 4 SoJ's have come from Pindle himself!

9. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

To me, there's a difference between best source and overall best target.

It may be true that NM Andy is the best source of SoJ's ... or something like that, from a pure numbers/ATMA perspective. However, i'd rather run Hell Meph for items including SoJ's.

The reason is that Hell Meph is a relatively easy target, really easy to get to once you roll the right map (faster than Andy almost all the time) and he drops way better stuff - all the time.

So, you may not get that SoJ but you may score an Arachnid Mesh or a ethereal Reaper's Toll or an ethereal Hone Sundan ... or a high level Eschutas or a HoZ or a ... you get the picture.

Factor in a faster run time for Meph and I believe that it more than evens out the score.

Meph (or Pindle) all the way baby. At least with Pindle you can potentially score a very high TC unique. May bore you tears in the process though.

10. Peppe

Peppe IncGamers Member

My only stone of jordan since the expansion was found gambling on Bnet. Lost it in the switch to single player...

I have found most of my grail off hell meph. All facets except one and a couple maras a bunch of stormshields. But the two items i want most and havn't seen are soj and to me a more useful item tals amulet. As a cruel joke he gave me a ethereal HoZ for my hammerdin... Switched to pindle to start getting some of the high end items, but i still want to finish up the jewelry and whatnot off meph.

11. lpblasch

Okay, you and Nepeta have spoken... I'll do Hell Meph instead. Thanks to all for the input and perspective.:thumbsup:

12. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Given my recent 7 days of nothing but Hell Meph farming (equivalent of several thousand runs), the couple of items I would really have wished for were SoJ and Mara's..... you guessed it, no show.

But I did 'score' two HoZs, three Reaper's, one eth Hone Sundan, two Arachnid Meshs, and a couple of less than +3 sorc skills Eschuta's which I sold for gold.

Oh, and it bored me to tears, sleepiness, and at one time, a pounding headache.

13. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Did you learn your lesson Frostburn? Don't look for certain items. :grin: And be glad with those other items you found. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I believe I found my first and only SoJ from Hell Andy, but I was looking for other items.

14. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

hee hee..my one n onli soj was off nm andy..and i was actually lookin for a manald heal..=)

15. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I've found both mine off Hell Andy.

16. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Hey, what was the %ed on the Hone? Just curious. I've got a 185% eth HS myself .. .but i'm waiting for a higher one to drop before I blow the runes to upgrade it.

17. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

When I first saw it faded, I was like, oh yes! ETHEREAL!!!11

Then my gaze fell on the 163% ed, and I was like..... :largeannoyed: :mad:

18. zarirazz

zarirazz IncGamers Member

hello..juz wondering..if the eth hone sundan breaks,will it's durabilty still increase to 1 after 10 secs,making it usable again?

btw i've got 188ed eth hone..it's mods are great,but the fact that it looks like a rake puts me off..=)

19. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Or you could make friends with CelciuXII, he gave his SoJ to me for free, because he needed a ring with resistances. :p I'll never let him forget the error of his ways...

*pokes tongue out at pete*

hehehe...

20. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I know this isnt the most likely place as far as statistics go but the last soj I found was from hell shenk.Ive also noticed there are, like with andariel, a lot of rings dropped when shenk dies.