SOJ, Mara's, Vex Rune

FitchBoy40

Diabloii.Net Member
SOJ, Mara's, Vex Rune

What is the rune-equivalent of a SOJ, and a high-end Mara's Ammy? I saw somewhere that a SOJ is about equivalent to an IST rune... is this true? If a Mara's is also considered an IST rune (just an assumption), then asking for 2 SOJs and a Mara's would be like asking for 3 IST runes.

Give me some advice here because I just found a VEX rune (equivalent to 4 ISTs through cubing) of off an Act 1 Hell enemy and would be willing to trade it for 2 SOJs and a good resist Mara's Ammy. Am I being unreasonable? or is it the opposite... am I getting the low end of the deal? Please help.

I've also cubed up a GUL Rune through my finds while playing (mostly thanks to the hellforge, of course) and would be willing to trade this for 2 of them. Or trade it in addition to the VEX if absolutely necessary to get all 3. Thanks, for any replies.

p.s., I've already tried asking this in the Trade Thread... but no one responded, so I came here.

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
in trading the values always depends on who you're trading with. Here you have no economy like there's in b.net where everything has set value. It all depends on what people need and what they have extra.

Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Diabloii.Net Member
You may have trouble getting offers. Many people here are wary about trading runes, because we have been burned by illegit runes a couple times in the past.

That is, asuming your doing this trade here, and that you don't have any offers yet :teeth:

Z_O

FitchBoy40

Diabloii.Net Member
Zertuals_Ovrlrd said:
You may have trouble getting offers. Many people here are wary about trading runes, because we have been burned by illegit runes a couple times in the past.

That is, asuming your doing this trade here, and that you don't have any offers yet :teeth:

Z_O
Hmmm... I understand your point, but my runes are legit... can't prove it though. If I was going to cheat, I might as well just hack in the Mara's amulet and SOJs themselves rather than hack in the runes and trade for them... but I don't play that way. I'm fairly computer-illiterate when it comes to hacking and editing stuff.

I guess I will officially state that I will trade both my Vex and Gul runes for 2 SOJs and a decent Mara's... something tells me I'm not going to be granted the convenience of someone having all 3 of those and being willing to trade all 3 at the same time... but it's worth a shot :yawn:

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
FitchBoy40 said:
something tells me I'm not going to be granted the convenience of someone having all 3 of those and being willing to trade all 3 at the same time... but it's worth a shot :yawn:
i was just going to make that point... while your offer is certainly quite fair, the odds of someone having all of those up for trade (especially the SOJs, since those are rather hard to come by in single player) might very well be the limiting factor.

Kremtok

Diabloii.Net Member
While it is obvious that some items are more valueable than others, there is no "currency" in our trading system. Our bartering system works based on the need for a particular item. If nobody needed or wanted a Windforce of Leviathan, then the items would be worthless in trade.

My suggestion would be to post in the trade thread what you have for trade and what you are looking for in return, individually. For example, instead of saying that you want 2 Stones of Jordan and a Mara's Kalidescope for your Vex and Gul runes, simply state that you have the runes available and you are looking for said items. Make it a more complete list, and you're more likely to get a good trade for items that are useful to you.

Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Diabloii.Net Member
FitchBoy40 said:
If I was going to cheat, I might as well just hack in the Mara's amulet and SOJs themselves rather than hack in the runes and trade for them...
My thoughts exactly, yet it still happens. Don't ask me why.

Z_O

cholerajoe

Diabloii.Net Member
FitchBoy40 said:
What is the rune-equivalent of a SOJ, and a high-end Mara's Ammy? I saw somewhere that a SOJ is about equivalent to an IST rune... is this true? If a Mara's is also considered an IST rune (just an assumption), then asking for 2 SOJs and a Mara's would be like asking for 3 IST runes.

Give me some advice here because I just found a VEX rune (equivalent to 4 ISTs through cubing) of off an Act 1 Hell enemy and would be willing to trade it for 2 SOJs and a good resist Mara's Ammy. Am I being unreasonable? or is it the opposite... am I getting the low end of the deal? Please help.

I've also cubed up a GUL Rune through my finds while playing (mostly thanks to the hellforge, of course) and would be willing to trade this for 2 of them. Or trade it in addition to the VEX if absolutely necessary to get all 3. Thanks, for any replies.

p.s., I've already tried asking this in the Trade Thread... but no one responded, so I came here.
The way I see it is a Vex is worth about 2.3 Ist's. Because you would get an average of 2.3 Ists for every Vex you find. Cubing up is a waste of runes unless you want a specific rune.