Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

SOJ Counter GUARENTEES DClone in ur game?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Rius666, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Rius666

Rius666 IncGamers Member

SOJ Counter GUARENTEES DClone in ur game?

Im not sure if this question belongs in the section but its the closest i could come up with. Anyway i was just wondering if you got the soj counter going in ur game does it GUARENTEE an appearance by the dclone eventually? Maybe you would have to wait longer for some counters than others. Like wait for a day and just leave ur comp on. Or is the counter just random and goes for a little while and quits and no clone shows up. thanks in advance for any inputs

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

No, it does not guarantee him spawning. Someone may have sold one soj on that server, when they meant to sell on another. Sellers may not return to the server you are on for days, weeks, even months.

If you see it frequently (every 30secs-1min) chances are good that he will spawn after about 50-150 sojs sold.

3. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

soj counter isn't an automatic thing, people physically sell sojs to get him to spawn, so its all up to the sellers.

4. Huntingtons

Huntingtons IncGamers Member

how is it up to him? i mean, if he sells... 150 for example... and the msg comes: diablo walks the earth... will he then spawn in random game by the first super unique? or will he do it in every game on the same server?

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

It is not "he". It use to be "they" :lol: The couner counts all sojs sold on one certain SERVER. DC emerges (if he ever do) in every game played on this certain server.
    And - yes - if you are in this game DC will be spawned instead of the first s-u you encounter (don´t need to be an act boss though).

6. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Im suspicious

You know, I've always been suspicious of that message. If the goal of Blizzard is to cut down SOJ duping, this is definite not it since if I knew how to dupe, I would dupe more just to get DClone to show up...

I wonder if the programmers use that message just as a lark, but the event itself might be random... :scratch:

7. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

This has been tested and more or less proven that selling sojs triggers the counter, and consequently dclone spawning.

Search for the thread somewhere on the forums, can't recall where it is.

8. Ezakimak

Ezakimak IncGamers Member

I'm wondering whats going to happen to DC and the anni##s (sp? heh) charm after all the stones are sold, and all thats left are the occasional ones that people actually use. I mean at some point all the dupes will be depleted.

Hmmm...I just had and idea, but I need a question answered for it first heh.

could you sell an soj...raising the counter by to 101 stones sold......by the stone back from the vendor....sell it again and get 102 stones sold?

9. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

I'm pretty sure it does guarantee that he'll spawn. I've had to wait in a game over 6 hours after I've seen the message, but he does spawn.

10. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, when you sell a soj to a vendor it disappears, so you can't buy it back - that would be too easy!

11. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I suppose if you stayed in any game for an indefinite amount of time dclone would eventually spawn so yes.

12. magnum

magnum IncGamers Member

its not "people" selling soj's, it is the old hundreds of thousands of old duped soj's being sold, If you do your research you will know this, and there is a chance that if you wait in a game for hours apon hours the Clone will spawn, but i wouldnt waste my time. Usually when you see the count start rapidly coming up, create mass games, that is the best way to get the clone.