Sockets

galiantar1

Diabloii.Net Member
Sockets

Say I get ahold of a 0os shield and I want to get it to 4os. Do I use the quest reward from act 5 and what are my chances of getting 4os? ... lookin to make a Spirit RW for my sorc on useast.

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Sockets

If you use a Monarch, Aegis or Ward shield all will get four sockets from Larzuk. All other no Paladin class specific shields will get less.

Monarch is the obvious choice due to having the lowest strength requirement (156).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

No, but it might depend on where you found the shield. Paladin shields from act 1-4 normal or so will get only 3 sockets, as well as cracked shields which got fixed by the cube recipe.

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

Of course since you're making this for a sorc make sure you don't use a Paladin only shield!

Sagitarii

Diabloii.Net Member

Or you can use this formula:
1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 3/4 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/4 chance of getting 1 socket.
Keep in mind that it must be able to get 4 sockets in the first place, then the chance will be just 1/4.
For your sorc the only viable option would be a Monarch.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

That chance will actually be 3/6, not 1/4. 1/4 is for dropped items, the cube always randoms six sockets, and THEN caps.