Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sockets?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Huplet, May 11, 2008.

1. Huplet

Huplet Banned

Sockets?

A plain Monarch just dropped from one of the minions surrounding Hell Countess, and I'm curious as to whether it would get four sockets from the nightmare socket quest.

Many thanks in advance,
    Huplet

2. theBanger

theBanger IncGamers Member

Re: Sockets?

This link and this link tell me that yes your monarch will receive 4 sockets from Larzuk. Difficulty level does not affect how many sockets are given, only the ilvl of the item, socket quest will always give max sockets that an item of that ilvl can receive.

3. canudig

canudig IncGamers Member

I think it will get 4 sockets.....as thebanger mentioned the ilvl of the item is what matters and I believe for nm a5-ish up items will get the max number of sockets......

4. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

I think that any monarch will always get 4-sockets, due to qlvl being higher than ilvl needed for maximum item sockets. May be wrong.

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

qlvl does not factor into socketing. It does indirectly factor into the possibly ilvl of items (mlvl 20 monster can not drop qlvl 87 items) but it is not a 1-1 relationship and is not reliable. See the guy in Tristam whose name is escaping me for a counterexample.

On top of that low quality items that are repaired in the cube are set to ilvl 1.

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

How can "Griswold" escape you???++? Oo

Anyway, that's a bug which makes NM Griswold and Smith drop from their hell TC (which makes it possible to find sick stuff like lower elite items and Vex runes in act 1 NM) retaining their monster level, thus the ilvl of their drops equals their monster level.

7. nerdly

nerdly IncGamers Member

woot! Wrong again. Glad I keep adding that proviso to the end of my sentences. I hadn't thought about the low quality repair recipe, nor was I aware of the Gris or Smith bugs.

I think, though, that beyond these 2 extraordinary circumstances that you can safely use your Larz quest to socket any hell found monarch, or normal or better quality, but not unique, magic, or rare, and it will get 4 sockets. Of course, as always, I could be wrong.