Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sockets, Pgems and Runes oh my

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MageChick, Oct 22, 2006.

1. MageChick

MageChick Diabloii.Net Member

Sockets, Pgems and Runes oh my

I've been meaning to put together a list of common things to look for that have a lot of value in them. I'll get it started, maybe some others can help. I hope this can be a discussion of what stuff to hold on to and how to best build your wealth with cheap items. Maybe some examples will show what I mean.

Pgems:
    Perfect Amythests tend to have the most value. They can be worth 2x as many other gems when traded in bulk. Some people also need Perfect Rubies in bulk, but that's not as common from what I've seen.

Runes:
    I generally cube all my runes up to Ral, then stop. Ral's can be traded in bulk for a good price. Other low runes to keep in bulk include the spirit runes (Thul, Ort, Amn, and to a lesser extent Tal). If you can make "spirit sets" they can be traded off pretty easy too. Of course Hel, Ko, Lem, Pul and higher have a good value by themselves. Any other low runes I'm missing?

White/Gray items (I'm sure i'm missing some here - help me add to this list)
    5os Phase Blades
    5os Flails (eth too)
    5os Crystal Swords (eth too)
    4os Grand Matron Bows
    4os Flails (eth too)
    0/4os Eth Elite polearms
    0/3/4os Elite Light Body Armor with > 450 def and < 110 Str Req'd
    0os Eth Elite Body Amor
    0/4os Monarch Shields

2. Flumpyness

Flumpyness Diabloii.Net Member

you can get a good profit for a P emerald when trading with an assasain and a 4os Crystal sword on ladder (spirit runeword) may go for something as well

3. MageChick

Boy this kinda died quick. I was hopping to generate some more discussion - at least on valuable socketables.

I see I forgot to add these to the list, but I know there's more. What bows are valuable (Hydra, Ward, Crusader)? Any bows good with other than 4os? I'm sure there's more swords and axes out there as well.

5os Berserker (zerker) Axe (eth and non I believe)

4. jbarlak

jbarlak Diabloii.Net Member

i usually grab whatever 5os or 6os weapons i see around and always grab superior armors as well. Isn't this why we have mule accounts? j/k

5. wakiki

wakiki Diabloii.Net Member

This is a great idea for a thread, but it's in the wrong forum. I don't know where this would need to be put though...perhaps the newcomer forum? Or maybe the general strategy forum.

I think with this put into theproper forum, you would get alot more response, and this could turn into a full-fledged strategy guide!

To add to your list, it's also good to save up junk jewels. I traded 40 junk jewels for a Pul rune, and I bet I could have gotten more, too.

6. MageChick

yea, I never go over to the newcomer forum, but that is probably the prefered place. We don't actually have a general strategy forum any more - got merged into all the other threads. That would have have been the best place though.

7. wakiki

Alright, well, to continue this thread's discussion, I have a question. Are Perfect Skulls worth anything, for re-rolling rares? (circlets or amulets being the best candidates most likely)

8. badgerofdoom

badgerofdoom Diabloii.Net Member

what about colossus swords(5os, 6os, 0os)

9. wakiki

What I would recommend is putting this thread in the community / general strategy forum, and linking it to the newcomer forum.

Badger, if you get a good ethereal 5s or6s sword, I would recomend keeping it. Not because they are useful now, but because they might add some barbarian merc runewords in the new patch.

It used to be that Barb mercs were the better tanks and that Act 2 Might mercs dealt the better damage. It was a toss-up when playing a character like a Sorc. But now A5 mercs are simply worthless because of the polearm runewords with meditation, convinction, etc. And that pisses me off, because I like having options, heh. They might fix it in the next patch though, so I'd recommend holding on to them ;)

10. MageChick

pskulls seem to be the least prefered of the pgems. You can use them for re-rerolling items (GC's are probably the most common), but that's about it. The other pgems come up for often in crafting recipies or item upgrades.

11. badgerofdoom

badgerofdoom Diabloii.Net Member

i was thinking the swords for just regular barbs, not the mercs. because ive seen barbs looking for colossus swords to put last wish and stuff in them