Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Sockets Aplenty

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ravenforce3, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Sockets Aplenty

The time has come again to socket equiptment for my Zon. Her endgame socketable equiptment includes a rare +1 Zon circlet with leech, some life, and some mana, a Lycander's Aim (upgraded if I get the runes,) and an uped Twitchthroe. The problem comes as this: I have no idea what to put in. I've got all kinds of life leech coming off a Blood ring and a pair of Blood gloves so I don't think an Amn will be very benificial, although it's a thought. A Nef in the bow is also out, as I find knockback to be more annoying than anything. As for the armors, an Um rune is a good idea, really, but I don't have access to any right now. Rubies are an idea for the armor and circlet, but I don't really know if I want to put some in. I know that resists are going to be a problem, but I'm hoping both Slow Missiles and the skillers will help my dodging abilities.

2. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Yeah, wait until you meet some extra fast Gloams. :flip: You need the resist! Even for just these monsters. Try adding some Jewel of Fervor with a first mod if possible, of course if you need the attack speed. A Shael in the bow would be a good idea if the jewels aren't possible. PRubies, especially one, isn't that great IMO, but if you are low on life, more life never hurted anyone. :thumbsup:

3. Ravenforce3

The problem arises that I don't have a lot of equiptment to craft/luck to find items with all kinds of resists. I don't think life will be a problem, but I know that getting Um runes will be.

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

You might hold off to see what elemental attacks hurt the most and then use Ort/Tal/Ral/Thul as needed. You could get one in each of your hat and suit.

If you get a few jewels to drop later on, start cubing them with perfect gems to see what you can achieve. Extra damage in the bow is always nice, as is speed.

Knockback might be annoying, but it can also be a life-saver if you're up against fast, hard-hitting monsters late in the game. Definitely craft yourself some gloves including that mod. (No reason to waste the bow socket on a Nef.)

5. Ravenforce3

I have a really great pair of Blood gloves I crafted that come with 20% IAS and a bunch of other gravy mods, so I'm kinda hesitant to get rid of it...

6. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Hmm . . . in that case Neffing the bow might be a good thing to do. Knockback really is a must-have mod for a bowazon IMO.

7. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Well, just try crafting some hit-power gloves instead. For knockback, you lost 10% CB(impt) and +life, LL(gravy). Its still possible to get one with +2magic, 20% ias gloves.

8. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

i agree... knock back for a bowazon is what the game is all about. actually, i find it hard to imagine knockback being annoying, seeing as how it is so important.

9. Ravenforce3

What I find annoying about it is the mechanics of it. If it knocked back anything but bosses, then it wouldn't be so bad. However, because it only works to 1/2 effectiveness against Medium sized monsters and to about 1/4 against Large, I find that it's pretty much worthless. I've made many Zons without knockback and I've never had a problem without it.