Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socketing ??????

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by MasterAkihabara, Oct 6, 2006.

1. MasterAkihabara

MasterAkihabara IncGamers Member

Socketing ??????

Im a newb in socketing items. i have never socketed an item before, i had always ask my friends to do it for me (most trusted friends). But then i want to learn how to socket items on my own. I just want to ask how does socketing work? HOw do you socket a weapon? I heard that larzuk sockets non magical items and that he gives the most possible sockets in a particular type of weapon, so is there a way to socket a magical item ?

2. sirmessbu

sirmessbu IncGamers Member

Larzuk will socket about any items that doesn't already have sockets.

Throwing weapons can not have socket tho, this include throwing dagger/axe/javelin .

Rare item (yellow) can only get 1 socket from larzuk. Could have 2 sockets but they need to spawn with em already.

Magic item (blue) can get 1 or 2 sockets from larzuk, its random. Like rare you could find magic items with more sockets but its depends on the magic mods (jeweler, artisan , mechanic)

Unique item (gold) can only get 1 socket from larzuk. Some unique comes with a set amount of sockets or a random number of sockets.

Set items (green) can only get 1 socket from larzuk. Same as unique for some they have set amount or random sockets too.

Normal items (white) get the maximum possible sockets according to the item level (ilevel) from larzuk. example(not sure of these amounts of sockets but you will get the point) a flail fund in act1 normal ( would be ilevel 1 to 24) could get 3 sockets from larzuk but if fund in hell( then the ilevel is 40+) it would get 5 sockets.

eteral items (grey but without sockets) obey the same rules as normal items.

This link should be usefull , http://www.diabloii.net/items/sockets-list.shtml

Hope this helps.

3. humblegar

humblegar IncGamers Member

I've been wondering:

Once an item has 1 or more sockets, there is no way to change that amount, whatever type of item it is?

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Once an item already has sockets, there is no way to add more sockets to it.