socketing with Cube

fbrooks

Diabloii.Net Member
socketing with Cube

I found an almost perfect white Great Hauberk.
Can I socket this with the Horadric Cube formula : Tal + Thul + p Top + normal body armor => socked body armor ?
If yes , would it change the def mods ?
What are the chances for 4 sockets ?
If I got 4 sockets, what's it worth in HR's ?

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
you can.
it won't change the defense.
not too sure on the chance of 4 sockets.
do a pc in the trade values forums if you wanna know the price.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
fbrooks said:
I found an almost perfect white Great Hauberk.
Can I socket this with the Horadric Cube formula : Tal + Thul + p Top + normal body armor => socked body armor ?
If yes , would it change the def mods ?
What are the chances for 4 sockets ?
If I got 4 sockets, what's it worth in HR's ?
You can only socket normal (non-sup items that way). Def will stay the same.

As far as chances go, the recipe always adds 1-6 sockets. So if your item can't have 6 sockets, max allowed value (4 sockets in your case) will be used.

Your chances are:
1/6 chance to get 1 socket
1/6 chance to get 2 sockets
1/6 chance to get 3 sockets
3/6 chance to get 4 sockets

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
You can only socket normal (non-sup items that way). Def will stay the same.

As far as chances go, the recipe always adds 1-6 sockets. So if your item can't have 6 sockets, max allowed value (4 sockets in your case) will be used.

Your chances are:
1/6 chance to get 1 socket
1/6 chance to get 2 sockets
1/6 chance to get 3 sockets
3/6 chance to get 4 sockets
Don't forget that the ilvl is important to determine the maximum sockets. Say for instance, the Great Hauberk was found as a low quality Great Hauberk and using the low->normal upgrade gave it the perfect roll on defense. It would be ilvl = 1 thus would have a maximum sockets of 3. So the chance to get 4 sockets would be 0/6.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If you believe the armor will give you HRs and you want 4 sockets, you should go for sure and use a Larzuk quest reward. IMO that reward is worth 5 pgems. With two computers you can rush a mule to act 5 in 10 minutes.

Your armor might give you Pul-Um if it's non-superior and close to perfect (490+ def), I guess. Great hauberks aren't that rare and an archon plate is better - more def, lower str req. 4 sockets won't make it much more valuable (perhaps 5 pgems more, see above), but 3 sockets will.

fbrooks

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
If you believe the armor will give you HRs and you want 4 sockets, you should go for sure and use a Larzuk quest reward. IMO that reward is worth 5 pgems. With two computers you can rush a mule to act 5 in 10 minutes.

Your armor might give you Pul-Um if it's non-superior and close to perfect (490+ def), I guess. Great hauberks aren't that rare and an archon plate is better - more def, lower str req. 4 sockets won't make it much more valuable (perhaps 5 pgems more, see above), but 3 sockets will.
Why is 3 sockets so much better ? Enigma ?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
4 socket elite armors are far more common and yes, Enigma is a popular runeword involving 3 socket high-quality armors.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Anybody can socket unsocketed normal armor to get 4 sockets. That and Enigma are the reason 3 socket armors are worth considerably more. I wouldn't expect to get much of anything for it. If it really is close to perfect though, you could make a mean Stone Armor out of it.

The other problem with the Breast Plate type armors is that they're butt freakin' ugly on most classes.