Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

socketing Tomb Reaver

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by benjerry, Feb 17, 2004.

1. benjerry

benjerry IncGamers Member

socketing Tomb Reaver

I just found a 270%ed Tomb Reaver. Not bad. Sadly it only has 1 socket..
    My question is: can I use an ed/ias jewel to hit the 60% ias WW breakpoint? or should I use a shael?

2. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

T.Reaver has a speed of [-50], so yes an ed/ias jewel will make it reach last Bp..

3. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

Actually, my question is more directed to the mods on the T.Reaver.... Is this an effective MF Polebarb choice? Particularily, I have a ~270%ed, 77% mf, 1 socket. I have to flush the socket, but still, my char pushes over 320 mf in regular gear, and has near maxed res in hell diff, largely due to maxed Nat Res, all of IK (except maul), and T.Reaver.

I think his res are 74/75/75/75, but I'd have to check. And is '10% reanimate as:Revived' what I think it is?

Hehe.

God, I hope so, cuz with the kill rate I'm pulling even now, that's be pretty damn funny.

4. baawji

baawji IncGamers Member

I almost asked the same question, and no one replyed :\
    Well well..

Where did you find your Tomb Reaver?

5. MorbidDoom

MorbidDoom IncGamers Member

It's 10% reanimate as Returned, not Revived. It means whenever you kill something there is a 10% that it will come back as a Returned skeleton and fight on your side ;)

6. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

I wanted to get both posts answered, so I didn't bother replying to just the one...

Morbid: Either way, it's still collosally funny... I should get one for my wolf-druid, too... hehe

baawji: Actually, a buddy decided that a 2xshael Bonehew was a more effective merc weapon, and dumped off the t.reaver to me.

I'm still not a truly helpful party-barb, since my cries are all around 5, but I have Pierre Toumbalant as a switch for buffing with them, so I just whirl my way around, slap critters, and rely on a crapload of dam and mediocre ML to get me spinning. At least, that's what I was doing with a 2x shael bonehew, but like I said, I have to flush the socket on the T.Reaver, and I'll prolly shael it, since the WIAS is a bigger factor that, say, 30% mf from an Ist.

Although, an Um to add 25% open wounds, besides the crushing blow isn't looking too bad, either.

7. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

Sorry to double post...

Hahahahaha, that was funny. I tested the T.Reaver out on Pindle runs last night, and there is nothing funnier than a couple of skellies running around distracting pindle while my merc is laying on decreps from Reapers Toll, and I'm dancing around.

On a sad note, I still didn't get anything good out the test runs.

8. baawji

baawji IncGamers Member

Ah, good old pierre :D
    My main weapon now are:

Ugluk's Pierre Tombale Couant
    Cryptic Axe
    'Shael'

Two-hand damage: 109 - 462
    Normal Attack Speed
    3 to barb skills
    195% enhanced damage
    6% mana leech
    55% deadly strike

I do survive with this one.. But I really want a good Tomb Reaver to replace it with :) And Im hoping for a 3 socket reaver too..
    Since none answered my thread I'll ask here :p
    What is the best of these?
    Ohm - Ohm - Gul
    Ohm - Ohm - Eth <- This is my choice now.. But im not sure..
    Ohm - Eth - Eth

9. benjerry

benjerry IncGamers Member

Worldstone Keep lvl3

10. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

mine came from baal, and i havesocket it with a sheal-ohm-gul.. works fine for me, but if u chooce between those 3, ohm-ohm-eth would be my choice

11. Wargasm

Wargasm IncGamers Member

Well, I think I might upgrade my Pierre, then, since I have it socketed, but clean, anyways... hrmmm.

Hehe.

Actually, on a whim, I switched my merc to a Ariocs Needle, since the Ignore Target Defense is still there anyways, and the +394 PD actually raises the damage total... but I'm almost thinking of switching to a might merc, except O really don't feel like leveling him right now... and besides, my barb is pushing 320% mf in his killing gear anyways...

I can detail it later if anyone actually cares.

And yes, a 3 socket T.Reaver would be very special, and I would start randomly killing people until I got 3 40/15's. Literally.
    :evil: