Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

socketing tals set

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by chinaboxer, Jan 31, 2004.

1. chinaboxer

chinaboxer IncGamers Member

socketing tals set

I'm a pure blizzard sorc and have finally aquired all the items to tals set.

She is used mainly to MF meph, baal.

I'm wondering what i should socket the orb, helm, armor with.

Any suggestions?

Chinaboxer

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

for mf: helm and armor will be pTopaz
    orb will be ist.

for res, socket one with an um.(not orb)
    it just depends on what the char needs.

3. Mr_Grimm

Mr_Grimm IncGamers Member

full tals set kinda sux, i suggest you use the armor/belt/amu to get the 65% bonus mf, socket the armor with ptopaz, and use shako and oculus rather than tals orb and helm.

really the disappointing set piece is the helm, and the orb is unremarkable.

that's just my advice though

4. Xenthe

Xenthe IncGamers Member

Grimm,

That comment would be correct for 1.09.

In 1.10 no longer the complete set sux as commented by you.

In fact it outshine the 3 Tal Set + Shako + Occy before lvl 80 in area of life, resist, mana, (-) enemies elemental resistance.

Not to mentioned that the Occy teleporting is now a No1 killer in Hell run.

Regards.

Xenthe

5. Mr_Grimm

Mr_Grimm IncGamers Member

no i stand by what i said.

with the setup i mentioned you get a better balance of killing power, mf, damage reduce etc.

6. fullgore

fullgore IncGamers Member

I alternate between Full Tal and Tal's ammy/armor/belt + Shako + Occy.

I use the Occy setup mostly for mf at meph. I use Full Tal for everything else because it increases my damage, gives me more life, gives me more mana, and the full set's resists are stupidly good in comparison to the Occy setup.

7. ShaggyTC

ShaggyTC IncGamers Member

I've said it before and will again... Funk Occy... Killed me one too many times back in .09 cow runs... Get hit by one enemy and teleport into a pack...

Use a wiz... Fast cast, resists, mana... So what ya don't get a couple skills n mf... Those can be made up in charms n wpn switch... Wiz and P Diamond Lidless for teleporting to maph and the initial beatdown... Wpn switch to ali baba n rhyme for the kill... With main wpns out my resists are sumthin like 68/75/6x/6x... Plus ya just look coo when ya run around like you're gonna stab sumthin... :xgrin:

8. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

TO ORIGINAL POSTER: This thing above is all you need to know !!!

Don't got max resists yet? Stick an Um in the helm or armor since the 19 resists will be more then worth the 24% mf, especially if you are doing Baal as well as Meph.

And why are people going off topic? Like saying I would rather use a shako/occy. That isn't answering the question at hand. BTW you all fail to mention the prestige that comes with using a full Tal Set and that does matter to some people.

9. MassRomantic.

MassRomantic. IncGamers Member

I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon here and say that full tal's set is better than shako/occy. I use a ali baba and rhyme shield on my weapon switch, so right before i kill any bosses, i can switch to it and gain the extra mf. Thus, for me, the mf on the occy is completely useless, and therefore I like the tal's setup better. The only drawback is the helm, but I think the full set is worth using it.

Anyways, to get back to the original question, I would suggest putting a ptopaz in both the armor and helm, as others have said, and then put a Rainbow Facet of whatever your most damaging element is in the tal's orb. I have a Nice Cold Facet in mine. This is the best setup if you're planning on using mf on switch for bosses. If you're doing a lot of pit runs though, you might want to consider going occy/shako with an ist in the occy.

10. raininess

raininess IncGamers Member

MF:
    Ptopazed Helm and Armor
    and Ist the orb..simple and cheaper.

for battle power:
    Rainbow faceted depend on your skills tree.

11. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i have a mf sorc and i use the armor/belt/ammy shako and 35% deaths fathom sure i lose res and stuff from not using tal set but its not hard to make up

tal set
    +6 skills and 15% cold ed(20ed if 5/5 cf) 216 mf

shako, fathom, tal armor/ammy/belt
    +7 skills, 35%ed cold, 266mf

sure one would say the 60% more mf can be made up in sc,but in the same space,u can make up the lost res with all res sc witch can also have more mf.
    with all things being =,using options in place of tal helm and orb can give more mf and power

now that out of the way, if u have say 400 or more mf 48% dont make a lot of deference, u will need to do 10000 runs to see it. go with cold facets if u dont need resist or if u mf isnt that high

12. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Hmm, difficult. A perfect Tal's Orb is not to be neglected. +2 to all Masteries does quite alot damage wise. If you compare your setups with either
    Belt/Ammy/Armor/Occy/Shako
    and
    Full Tal's set
    you will see that the difference of +1 skill from the first setup and the +2 to masteries from the full set kind of keep the damage at an equal basis.

FCR remains the same aswell.

The only difference will be your MF and your resists and your life.

Tals set gives almost always full resist with some extra items or UM in 1 socket and it gives +150 life which is just great bonus. FHR on Tals set is not unimportant either.

Except from the MF-point i think both setups are pretty equal.
    I prefer Tal's full set over the other setups, but thats just my personal opinion.