Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

socketing superiors

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by skilledlord, Mar 29, 2004.

1. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

socketing superiors

i have a eth superior zerker and currently trying to make a eth botd or trading it.
    i heard ppl say taht u automatcially get 6 sockets
    but today i heard a person say that superior items only get 5 sockets
    who is true?

2. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

As far as I know, items usually receives max sockets from larzuk. Superior or not doesn't affect the max sockets on an item IIRC. You might want to leave this thread running a while and see if any gurus can answer your question conclusively.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

it will get 6 sockets as long as its a berserker axe. Things always get max sockets as long as they are white or grey (normal/eth) no matter if superior/cracked/crude etc.
    However, if you have planned to trade this away you can be a little more rude and just dont socket it, since it has the same value anyway. This saves you not just only a socketquest, but also saves you from socketing it with a gem or whatever when moving things around in your stash ;) (just a hint)
    In any case, dont socket it before you have the runes you need for the runeword. i have socketed things by mistake myself, and if you dont have a stash full of hel-runes, i would take the safer way :winner:

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Not quite.

1. Items with ilvl of 1-25 will get 3 sockets, 26-39 ones will get 4 and 40+ ones will get 6 (or the maximum for that item type, whichever is lower). However, berserker axes can only be found in areas where the ilvl of dropped stuff is high enough to qualify for getting 6 sockets.

2. If you fix a cracked berserker axe with the eld+chipped gem cube recipe, it will have ilvl 1 thereafter, so it will get 3 sockets from Larzuk.

However, if you don't fix a cracked weapon or if you have a superior one, it will get the number of sockets based on the ilvl. i.e. 6 for a Berserker axe, as Lorven said.

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

oh, didnt know that :eek:
    however, most things worth socketing with larzuks quest are high lvl enough to get max sockets. however, cant be wrong to know the whole truth. thnx krischan :)