Socketing question

shortbusser

Diabloii.Net Member
Socketing question

how many times can you socket one item, meaning if I socket an item in normal can i socket the same item in NM and hell.

Also can add a socket to already socketed item that I find

so can I socket a Unique item more than once, weapon, helm, or armor

like say a HC shako?

BigManZZZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Socketing question

Was thinking you might just know it... Item plus 3 gems = 1 Socketed Items? Just an example....

shortbusser

Diabloii.Net Member

ok you still have not answered my question. Lets say I find a bow in the pits and its not /or is socketed can I have Lazruk socket it again

so would this be my best bet?

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

then after can I make it a runeword?

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
If an item does not have sockets then yes Larzuk can place sockets into the item.

If an item does have sockets then no Larzuk cannot place sockets into the item.

If you find a bow and want to place sockets into it but not use the Larzuk quest reward then yes the recipe you posted is what you would use. You'll get a random number of sockets up the maximum for that particular item. Just remember that recipe only works with white and ethereal items (not superior).

shortbusser

Diabloii.Net Member

Great thats the info I was looking for, now lets hope I find a good bow and pray it comes with 4 sokets.....is pits and cows the best to find such items....or just anywhere will they drop

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Cows are good simply due to the amount of monsters in such a small area. Anywhere the item you are looking for can drop that has a large concentration of monsters are good places to look for socketable items. Just remember to remove all of your MF when you look for said item.

Garisdacar

Diabloii.Net Member

there's absolutely no way to add more sockets to an item that already has sockets in it.

BigManZZZ

Diabloii.Net Member

You can only add sockets to items w/o any sockets... Thats all!!!
You can add sockets by using the cube... Battle.net say:

3 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = Add 1 Socket To a Rare Item
Rare Items can only have one socket. You cannot add sockets to items that don't normally have sockets. You can not use this on a Rare with one socket. You can only add one socket to a zero socket Rare Item.

You can find other options there.... Good Luck

BigManZZZ

Diabloii.Net Member

Here are a few more socketing ideas.... Battle.net:

3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon (of same type)
This takes a socketed weapon and makes it a magic socketed weapon with a random number of sockets. This allows you to get new magic bonuses on an otherwise non magical weapon. The original weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. ilvl = 30. It gets 1-2 sockets.

3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=25 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=30 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. The chance to get X sockets in most armor is 1/4 (I.E: Mage plate has a max of 3 sockets, so it has a 2/4 [1/2] chance to get 3 sockets). The base of 6 was used in the ratios for all the above mentioned areas.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal Helm = Socketed Helm of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-3 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 2/3 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/3 chance of getting 1 socket.

1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 3/4 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/4 chance of getting 1 socket.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Rares can spawn with two sockets, but if a rare doesn't have any sockets at all, the most you can put in is one. Larzuk's quest adds one, the cube recipe would add one (can't do both).