Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socketing opinions

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by firebrandd, Jun 1, 2008.

1. firebrandd

firebrandd IncGamers Member

Socketing opinions

I am pretty new to diablo and I am just starting to get some decent gear, i recently got an arreats face for my barb and have been thinking about socketing it, does anyone have any opinions or feedback for me on what i should put into it?

2. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

Re: Socketing opinions

there is only one right answer to this: it depends.

to make a good suggestion, we need to know the rest of your gear. a general answer could be:
    something that gives you the stats you need most (resists, fhr, damage, mf ...)

3. firebrandd

firebrandd IncGamers Member

Right after i posted this i actually found a jewel that says 15% enhanced dmg and a few other stats, if i socket this into armor will it still affect my dmg or will i have to socket it into a weapon? once again i know this is a huge n00b question but i would appreciate the help :yes:

4. carnivore

carnivore IncGamers Member

short answer: it will work.

long answer: enhanced damage on weapons works different from ed on other equipment. the damage calculation is like this:

first you calculate your weapon damage:
    minimum:
    (weapon base minimum-damage * ( 1 + enhanced damage on weapon% ) + all minimum damage modifiers from all equipment

maximum accordingly.

then you add up all non weapon-enhanced-damage (equipment, skills, mastery, auras from party members and so on):

weapon min-damage from above * (1 + all off weapon ed %)
    and the same for max damage of course.

15% on a jewel isnt very much (40% is maximum) and, depending on your main-skill, other ed-sources on gear, merc and team-auras it could either give you a good damage boost or be absolutely irrelevant.