Socketing items

prisonbound

Diabloii.Net Member
Socketing items

someone told me that theres a guy somewhere who sockets items for you, where is he and how does he do it(does he charge you something?)

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 5, first quest.

I have no idea how he does it, but I suppose being a barbarian smith he just takes a hammer and punches holes into the item.

prisonbound

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks, so i have to do the first quest in act 5 then? and i had a quick question which doesn't deserve its own thread so i'll just post it here - Is there a faster way to load your belt with health potions, it takes forever to pick them up and put them there one by one?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Also, it's a quest reward, so he won't charge you anything, though he'll only do it once per quest, up to a max of 3 times per character (one for each difficulty). It's similar to the imbue quest in Act 1.

He won't do it an infinite amount of times (though, you can always just start over new characters and go and do the quest again).

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
prisonbound said:
there was this one guy who had everything on him socketed 5 times and filled with stuff
thats probably because depending on the items you can get more then one socket put it. An example of this is a white letter monarch shield. If you do the socket quest you will get 4 open sockets in the shield. if you want you can then make a spirit shield

buttaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Do people just do the quest on each difficulty and then make news, get the quest , mule an item and keep adding sockets? do the socket quests stack?
(also, wut is the cube formula to add sockets/)