Socketing Input Needed

LordHawkeye

Diabloii.Net Member
Socketing Input Needed

i have a pvp ww barb and i want to know everyones opinion on what i should stick in my ss. i already have...

Max Resists
50% PDR
30%+ LL
7% ML
50% FHR (good enough for 5 frames)

so what does everyone think is most valuble, i was thinking either ed, +life or maybe a sheal for the FBR. how important is FBR anyways? w/o the shael i would have only the 35% FBR from ss which hits 7 frames, if i shaeld it i would hit 6 frames? would that make enough of a difference to be worth the socket or shud i stick to +life/ed?

another thing is life can always be gotten from charms so is ed the way to go then?

Choson

Banned
LordHawkeye said:
i have a pvp ww barb and i want to know everyones opinion on what i should stick in my ss. i already have...

Max Resists
50% PDR
30%+ LL
7% ML
50% FHR (good enough for 5 frames)

so what does everyone think is most valuble, i was thinking either ed, +life or maybe a sheal for the FBR. how important is FBR anyways? w/o the shael i would have only the 35% FBR from ss which hits 7 frames, if i shaeld it i would hit 6 frames? would that make enough of a difference to be worth the socket or shud i stick to +life/ed?

another thing is life can always be gotten from charms so is ed the way to go then?
Im pretty sure that FBR in a SS doesn't reach the next BP for a barb if any one can correct me on this it would be ok but in my opinion i say go for ed/str jewels

LordHawkeye

Diabloii.Net Member
ops, i misread the FBR chart but according to the chart in the strat compendium the barb FBR's go as follows

Frames - 7 6 5 4 3 2
FBR % - 0 9 20 42 86 280

And there is 35% FBR on SS alone therefore reaching 5 frames, so if i shael'd it (giving 55% FBR) it would hit 4 frames. all in all is this 1 frame difference worth it or should i go with the ed

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless you're going berserk, FBR isn't very useful, since WW and conc can't be interrupted. ed/str or ed/dex are the best overall choice for a whirler in terms of socketing space.

-Hal

SweetSorcie

Diabloii.Net Member
Jah = 5% life jump (4000 life would go up 200, so equivalent of 10 small charms here)

Ith = 15% damage taken goes to mana so if you lose 1000 life, you would gain 150 mana. good for duelling, if you run out of mana your opponent gives you some back free :) not needed if you have fortitude armor. i win duels because of this on my fort, i've been out of mana but got a free charge by my opponent, it fills my blue ball rigth up because i dont have much mana to begin with.

Cham = cannot be frozen, not needed for fighting other ww barbs, but for fighting casters and zons and throwers and such.

40Ed/9 Str or 40/15 max hmmm i dont think this is as valuable as jah or ith, it wont make a huge difference. a jah in the shield is worth 10 small 20 life charms, like having 2 extra rows

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
40/9 dex imo, that way u can gain 2 lvls or so and stick all pts into vit and still maintain same blocking %, 40% ed never hurts either :).