Socketing in act 5

NoVoN

Diabloii.Net Member
Socketing in act 5

hi,
my friend has a trapsin, with dual 3 to trap skills claws. He was to sock one of them with the sock quest u get from killing shenk. It was in nightmare, and he got 2 socketholes. Now i wonder if it is any special thing with assas and their claws......if i should sock my nat mark, in which difficult should i do it ?

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
NoVoN said:
ok, but my friend got 2 sockholes in his magic claw......can u explain that ?
Magic items will receive one or two sockets (50/50 chance). Rares, Uniques and Set items will only ever receive one socket.

White items receive the maximum number of allowable sockets. Grey items (all ready socketed) cannot have more added.

NoVoN

Diabloii.Net Member
aha, ok......now i get it....so he just had luck when he socketed his claw......so if i find an etheral collusos blade or berserker axe, then i can socket them in that quest and get a weapon good for BoTD.....am i right ?

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
NoVoN said:
aha, ok......now i get it....so he just had luck when he socketed his claw......so if i find an etheral collusos blade or berserker axe, then i can socket them in that quest and get a weapon good for BoTD.....am i right ?
Yes, if it´s a non-magical such weapon. Socketing "white" or ethereal "grey" items is different than socketing magical ones. You always get the maximum number of sockets for the item type (as long as its Item Level is 40+).

You can also socket those with a cube recipe, but then there is only a 1 in 6 chance to get 6 sockets.