Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socketing IK weapon

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Annih, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Annih

Annih IncGamers Member

Socketing IK weapon

What should i socket my IK weapon with? Is 2 shael really that important? I am thinking of shael + -15% req +max dmg jewel (have in armor already), since that would save alot of str, so i wouldnt need that many charms (64 base strength). With -15 req i would need like 5 str lc's less, and would therefor be able to get 10x 20life charms, which adds pretty much life...

Suggestions?

2. dokuro

dokuro IncGamers Member

Well, if you plan on using whirlwind, then yes two shael, or two IAS jewels is entirely crucial. You wont hit the maximum whirlwind breakpoint without at least 30% extra IAS in the maul, and this will greatly reduce your killing speed.

3. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

That means it is also worth it to invest that much strength to equip the maul.

assuming perfect torch and anni is used, then you'd only need 140 base strength to equip the whole set, with that -15% req jewel you have in the armor. Your IK armor only needs 197 strength now, right?

140 + 20 (torch) + 20 (anni) + 20 (gloves) + 25 (belt) = 225 for maul.

Unlike casters, strength is not entirely wasted, there's still that damage increase, which never hurts.

4. Uvatha

Uvatha IncGamers Member

Actualy 198. The game rounds up.

5. Annih

Annih IncGamers Member

Well i dont want to put more than 64 strength. If i put 65++ then i wont have str bugged helm anymore... I am currently lvl 87

I dont have anni, have 20 stats torch + alot of +5str charms and a ring with +8 str. I also have 2x perf amethyst in helm which adds +20 str...

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Then forget it. Ik barbs are not meant to be glitched, the str req is far too high for most glitchers to care about it in the first place. If you going to glitch at the cost of losing your killing speed, i think it is sad.

For a WW IK barb the extra 30% IAS is extremely important in the maul. If such asethetics still bother you, try finding those <10 str rings, note that these rings are extremely expensive or an extremely powerful rare ammy with huge str boost.

7. Annih

Annih IncGamers Member

I see alot of full bugged IK barbs, i am full vita build so i think it would be good, my ring gives +str and if i get +4 large charms with +5str more then i can wear it all.. I am currently using a tempoary amulet with +19 str...

I can easily get glitched with 2 shael in maul but it was just a question @ breakpoint and stuff..

8. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

as told before, you cant str bug using str on amu/rings as thats counted same way as base str

9. Murderface

Murderface IncGamers Member

you could always pop 2x 40%ed 15%ias jewels in there, but thats quite expensive.