Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socketing Crown Of Ages

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by BladeRogerz, Mar 14, 2004.

1. BladeRogerz

BladeRogerz IncGamers Member

Socketing Crown Of Ages

Ok someone just make a decision for me...I finally got a decent 2s COA . I cant decide what to socket...I guess 1 um would be ok...was thinking Jah if I can get 2 maybe. I really wanted to find a good AR jewel but I cant seem to find or trade for any. This is for a zealot.

2. schreier

schreier IncGamers Member

I would probably go for a ber if you could get one --- unless you already have 50% DR ... I figure life and resists can be had through charms if necessary ... damage resist only through items ...

3. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

I think a BER would be a nice addition. And an UM would be good as well. This would cover a great amount of resists and DR in one item. CHAM could also be a nice option. Doubt any jewel would be worthwhile, Mid-High Runes

4. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

I wouldn't bother with a cham. If you need the dr, ber it, but if not, just leave it unsocketed. Cham is less useful for characters that need ar. Raven frost offers CBF, ar, and dex- all of which are vital for characters dependent upon hitting a target with ar.

5. BladeRogerz

See ya..this is why i cant decide. I should of said this in 1st post but I have 50% DR and res is max now and i dont really need anymore charms. I all pvp so... I was really searching for a nice AR jewel with extra mods...cheap way would be a p diamond(100ar). I would use ber if i scrap the levi armor...i kinda like it though because it gives me other options, dont have to look for more DR and def is 1710 def. You think it would be a BAD idea to use 2 P diamonds? 200 ar would be nice....

6. Mack

Mack IncGamers Member

give us all your current gear and what build you're using it on, and that way we can figure out the best overall configuration.

I usually socket items based on what I think is best for the item, not necessarily my current build. You can go with 2 PDiamonds, because you can always unsocket them later, and who cares about losing 2 PDs.

7. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

well, 2 p diamonds wouldn't be too BAD of an idea, considering unsocketing them wont mean you'll be losin that much.. on the other hand, 2*ber's takes alot of commitment and would be waste to unsocket if you decide to do so.

8. BladeRogerz

Ya dont need bers anyway. I have 50%dr . I put 2 pD's in it for now. Eventually i think Ill look out for some Argent jewels with extra mods. Im obssessed with AR...never enough...