Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Socketing Bow Q's

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by heyyou, Jul 14, 2010.

1. heyyou

heyyou IncGamers Member

Socketing Bow Q's

It says an Ashwood Bow gets 5 sockets. Will it automatically receive 5 sockets or is there a chance it might get less?

thx

2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: Socketing Bow Q's

You need to be more specific :)

Larzuk's socket quest will always grant max sockets. The cube recipe randomly gives sockets between 1 and max. Keep in mind you can only cube-socket white, non-superior items. Larzuk can socket any item, but Magic and Rare bows will only get 1 socket.

The max for an Ashwood Bow of high level is 5. However, if the bow dropped in Normal or Nightmare, there's a chance that its ilvl is too low to allow 5 sockets, it may only be able to have 4. Do you remember where you got the bow?

3. heyyou

heyyou IncGamers Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I traded for it, so I'm not sure. So, its totally contingent upon the ilvl then, no matter what?

4. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Yes. If you're looking for 4 sockets, ie for Harmony (I cant imagine why else you'd want a socketed Ashwood bow) then use the cube formula. There's no way of knowing if its a 4- or 5-socket max, so you dont want to waste a Larzuk on it. The cube has a chance of giving 4 sockets in any case, since I dont think Ashwoods can drop at such a low level that they'd be 3-socket max.

Odds are that it was found in Hell and is a 5-socket max, anyway.

5. heyyou

heyyou IncGamers Member

It's actually for an LLD(lvl30) zon, so I wanted max soc. I just larzuked and got 5 soc, yay.
    Does the same ilvl rule apply to all gear. For example, I also traded for a magic circ, which i want the max, which is 2 sockets. If I go to Larzuk, its either will be 2 soc, if ilvl is high enough or it won't, correct. There's no luck involved, correct? As in, 2 outta 5 times it will be max sockets?
    thx again

6. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Magic items are the only items Larzuk sockets randomly....there's a 50% chance for 1 socket, and 50% for 2. Level doesnt matter as any socketable item can have 2 sockets.