Socketing Blue items ...

uNxHiTMaN

Banned
Socketing Blue items ...

Can someone tell me how to socket blue items so that they get the maximum sockets ....

I used larzuk on an armor and it gave me 2 sockets only...

Can I add more to the 2 sockets now?

uNxHiTMaN said:
Can someone tell me how to socket blue items so that they get the maximum sockets ....

I used larzuk on an armor and it gave me 2 sockets only...

Can I add more to the 2 sockets now?
I am unsure as to magic (blue) items. However, for normal (grey) armour:

Each armour has a different maximum number of sockets.

You can find Normal armour's here
You cand find Exceptional armour's here
You can find Elite armours here

No you cannot add more sockets, you will need to reroll the item. I am unsure whether you can reroll the same item, you may be required to roll another armour.

The Arreat Summit said:
1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-4 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

uNxHiTMaN said:
Thnks for clearing this up. So how can people make 4 socket life armors??

Buy it 4 socket?
People will shop for armours (Archon Plate is a popular choice) that have the 4 sockets.

I am unsure as to the Prefix, but look out for Mechanic's/Jeweler's (Armour Type) of the Squid.

Elgar

Diabloii.Net Member
A question ive wanted to ask for a while...

Say i have a magic item with the jewelers (4os) prefix. now i socket it with whatever, then i reroll using the 3 pgem +magic item recipe.

My question(s): Will the prefix get changed? If it does, will it destroy whats in the sockets, just the last 2 sockets or leave them there?

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Elgar said:

Say i have a magic item with the jewelers (4os) prefix. now i socket it with whatever, then i reroll using the 3 pgem +magic item recipe.

My question(s): Will the prefix get changed? If it does, will it destroy whats in the sockets, just the last 2 sockets or leave them there?
Don't quote me on this, but I don't think you can use the 3 pgems + magic item with a socketted magic item.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Elgar said:

It will create a new magic item, and nothing is left of the original or the contents of the sockets.

NEURO_CKY

Diabloii.Net Member
Hitman asked a question i ask myself alot. where does one aquire 4 socketed life armors. i know they sell for a buttload, so i was wondering where they spawn or w/e. i alway shop in between baal and cow games in hell with my 91 sorc. havent seen any sock life armors....anyway...any help would be greatly appreciated!!

CampKillYourself

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Those are Jeweler's (armor) of the Whale. 4 sockets and 81 - 100 life, but the combination is very rare ( about 1 in 12000 IIRC).

BattleQueen

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.09 rich players used to burn 1000s of Pgems to roll one of these on non-shoppable armor e.g. Dusk Shroud or Wire Fleece. They sold for obscene amounts of wealth, mostly for pvp in need of +life & hit IAS BP. With the new runewords, these armors are no longer as popular.

Best place for Archon-types is Anya (Atc 5 Hell). But you'd probably have better luck having an ethereal Death Cleaver dropping. I know I did. Lol. :D