Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

socketing armor

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by sunshine, Mar 14, 2004.

1. sunshine

sunshine Banned

socketing armor

Just wondering what most of you socket in your armor. I'm having second thoughts bout putting a p topaz in my upped vipermagi (to go along with the p topaz in shako). I've noticed that the magic find % is negligable.

So I'm thinking of maybe removing the topazes and going for a p rubies or maybe a shael in the armor. What do you think?

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Um is always a good choice, rubies (or saphires if you need mana) work...
    Does shael give FHR in armor? If that's the case find out the FHR breakpoint for sorcs and figure out if it will actually help you (or I assume you're playing a sorc).

The 24% MF isn't huge, but when you start adding 24 to 24 a few times it does add up, generally go with the MF if
    A) You do MF and
    B) You have no survivabilty issues.

3. sunshine

sunshine Banned

well i play a hell nec, not a sorc. But just to clarify, so you think the 20% fhr from shael is a waste if that's my only source of fhr?

The um rune, i woulnd't really need because i've maxed resists.

I usually do pit and baal runs. And survivability hasn't been an issue... yet.

4. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

If necro (and dare I assume skellymancer?), then you should definately go P-topaz for the MF. People who have dencently outfitted Skellymancers with survivability issues are playing them wrong :lol:

Seriously, if a sorc, sure, FHR IS good, but a necromancer? Only if he uses another build than skellies. Otherwise, they go along fine naked. So smack on whatever MF you can get your hands on. Especially if he's a "runner".

5. MoUsE_WiZ

FHR works the same way as IAS and FCR with breakpoints, if there is a BP at 20%, and that is your only source, then it would help. If however you have 20% from random sources and the next one isn't until 50 it would be a waste.

I found one table, but I'm not sure if it was 1.10 accurate, as iirc the FHR breakpoints got made easier to hit and that table was listing the fastest in the 200+ range which would have been 1.09 accurate. Beyond that I'm not going to go looking for you ^_^

And yeah, what bubble said...learn to play if you're getting stuck in recovery as a skellymancer o_O

6. sunshine

sunshine Banned

Hmm.. no, not a skelliemancer. I put 1 pt in skel warriors and a few in skel mastery. But for the most part maxed CE, bonespirit, bone prison (before I found marrowalks :I ) golem mastery (to scout basically with the clay... darn fast), and 1pt in all curses.

I was wondering about shael, not because of stun-lock probs, but for the what-if scenario when you get a bad spawn at throne entrance. Attract is usually good enough for crowd control, but there's always (for me anyway) that split second lag every time you enter throne.

7. MoUsE_WiZ

Then IF the 20% is your only source and you don't have any FHR hidden on any charms or gloves or something it should bump your recovery rate down a couple frames, and could save your life at some point.

8. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think it depends on what you use as weapon. "White" wand? Then, shael maybe OK, but don't forget about the sol. If you use wizard spike, why not get a "stone" armor?